Anti Foul Question ......

alandav123

Visit site
Wooden Boat Experts Required. Hi all, In Nov 2015 I moved my larch on oak MFV from Arbroath having very salty water into Woolwich Docks having slightly salty water. If anyone has a moment to look, I have posted lots pcitures on MFV Dignity Page on Facebook of her being moved sitting on a transporter and as you can see there still plenty red antifoul on her. My question is this...should I be concerned about Dignity being infested by worms? Dont laugh guys..I intended to come down June and lift her out to redo antifoul but due to tennents on a rented house I have up here pissing off months ago and not telling me, have left me a money storm to deal with. So if I never got down to antifoul her in june / july and she never got antifouled until next summer 2017.....is that a major issue or am I worrying uneccessarily................. Regards MFV Dignity

Alan Davidson
https://www.facebook.com/MFV-Dignity-1014671825280587/

Attachments

• IMG_20151125_152228.jpg
    IMG_20151125_152228.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 0

ianc1200

Visit site
If you mean woodworm - it does happen - yes be worried. If the boat has ever been kept near a source of unusually warm water, like a power station, yes worms could get into the hull. Realistically, unless something unusual I wouldn't be worried. The anitfoul is really to stop barnacles, weed and the like.