Antares 9.8 fly 2007

Rosneath

Visit site
Hi first motor boat sailing 50years small yachts with small engines max 29 hp
Ended up with two Volvo Pentax d4 220 need some advice where is the servo pump tank is it in the aft storage fixed to the bulkhead clear plastic?

dpb

Visit site
I have one of these boats (same year) but with twin Nanni's.
What do you mean by servo pump tank?
If you are talking about steering then there is none on mine. The steering is hydraulic without power assistance, the only reservoir as such is on the steering wheel where you should see a little cap to keep it topped up.
The tank you are describing sounds like the one for the windscreen washer fluid.

TheCoach

Visit site
Welcome to the club - another Antares 9.80 here (y)

As @dpb said it is manual hydraulic. Reservoir is on the steering wheel but if you ever top up do it form the fly as they are connected so if you take the cap off the one in the cabin fluid will pour out :rolleyes:. Also beware over filling, I filled the fly reservoir to the bottom of the dipstick and found it kept pushing fluid back out as it was used and especially in the heat in the summer.

Also mine feels quite heavy, hence why I tried adding more fluid, but I think that is just how they are. I did talk to a fellow owner who said they had replaced the rudder stock bearings and found that improved the feel a lot as they had started to degrade - might try that next time its out but TBH I am ok with the weight although wife finds it a bit heavy.

If the tank you are thinking of is on the lazarette forward bulkhead on the port side it is the windscreen washer fluid reservoir.

I also have twin D4's done just over 140 hours in ours this year since purchase so any other questions (apart from what the "confort" breaker does :unsure:) ask away.

Cheers,

TC

Reactions: dpb