Another diesel question

pavlosimou

Visit site
On my way back out to tidal. Couldn't get a sensible answer from Chris on merchant. Never mind I'll stop at Shepperton, their tank is almost empty so they limited me to 50 litres. I'd like to get some more before I leave, do I remember seeing a blue fuel barge below Teddington? Maybe Richmond area? Or am I stuck with getting battered outside st kats?

Time Out

Visit site
There is a barge that comes up to Tedd, I forget the name but someone will answer ? There is no station as such. Swan island stopped years ago.

But thank you , I was going to head to Shepperton on Sat !

Pump-Out

Visit site
The people who own the fuel barge outside SKD also run one outside St Thomas Hospital.

You need to book, as its not always staffed, but the ride, whilst not being as gentle as Shepperton, is noticeably less violent than SKD.

Plum

Visit site
The people who own the fuel barge outside SKD also run one outside St Thomas Hospital.

You need to book, as its not always staffed, but the ride, whilst not being as gentle as Shepperton, is noticeably less violent than SKD.
The last time I checked they were both closed at weekends. Also, their main customers are the commercial boats that can take a long time to fill meaning a possible long delay and therefore maybe missing some of the ebb current or the lock opening at st Kats.

Time Out

Visit site
This chap is mobile around Tedd. Apologies if posted already.

Chris Merchant

07921 694287

Runs a narrow boat up and down. Not sure if his location now.

As in a fuel barge!

Plum

Visit site
This chap is mobile around Tedd. Apologies if posted already.

Chris Merchant

07921 694287

Runs a narrow boat up and down. Not sure if his location now.

As in a fuel barge!
His facebook page was last updated in 2015 and can't find his website. Is he still operating?

The Glassman

Visit site
Came by here at Streatley as arranged and filled our tanks whilst alongside. Very tidy and efficient. Not cheap, but he gets through a lot of fuel, so it's more likely to be fresh (It will mostly stay in the tanks thro' the winter). To get to B Boating or T&K (our nearest) involves the best part of a day and about 20 litres of fuel. I'll settle for that! Phone no is as stated above: 07921 694287.

Time Out

Visit site
Did you use the fuel man ?

I’m off to Shepperton from Tedd today to grab a full tank before winter !! With a heavy autumn travel schedule it’s difficult to believe this may be the last full day in the sun I have this year.

Good job it’s me, a mate and a boat load of beer !

Time Out

Visit site
Annoyingly Shepperton had no diesel. Only found out at the pump despite calling day before. Note to self. Always call on day.

So Penton it was. Just drank more beer ;)