Portsmouth
Hampshire
England PO3 5PA

Tel: +44 (0) 23 9266 8624

Fax: +44 (0) 23 9266 8625

basba

Visit site
leds from germany

as i've told before, i'd like to tell you that my order from germany has arrived yesterday, after only 3 working days.
I'm really satisfied with my purchase, I' don't know if they fail tomorrow but they're really professional with good prices, reasonable shipping costs and they speak english too.
youcan find them on e-bay
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320470600071
www.tacho-designs.de
:)
buon vento
basak

ultraleds55

Visit site
I work for Ultraleds

spotted this post and thought it a good idea to reply.

well, firstly a question: to receive poor customer service dont you have to be a customer? It seem the person who joined this forum to make this post has never purchased anything from ULTRALEDS and has never been a customer (although to be fair- I can understand that)

I cannot comment on the person who replied, but ultraleds website runs on a self serve basis.

Some of the other comments seem like half truths to me. We offer A warranty on all boat bulbs so it seems highly unlikely that we would refuse a warranty claim unless it was no longer under warranty (THAT PART SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN LEFT OUT).

The comment about failed 18 led festoons is odd too. we havent sold 18 led festoons for many years. We would happily replace any items under warranty (ALTHOUGH THAT SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN MISSED TOO)

We do offer customer service to our (genuine) customers and do replace anything under warranty. We may not be able to provide the service customers demand although we have never been busier and things do slip when we are so busy.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
The 18 LEDs was from memory, I could be wrong about the number, I wrote 'I think' in my post as I was not certain. I returned them to Ultraleds with a covering letter, the original packaging and the invoice. Never heard a word, which was what I expected. I replaced them with ones with less LEDs and two years later they are working fine.

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
The ones I have look like this:-

6lednewfestoon.jpg

Anwen

Visit site
SeaRolf

I've had very good experiences with purchasing LED bulbs from Searolf. They are a thoroughly professional outfit and went out of their way to help me solve a problem with one of their lamps.

pete

Visit site
I've had very good experiences with purchasing LED bulbs from Searolf. They are a thoroughly professional outfit and went out of their way to help me solve a problem with one of their lamps.
I have also had good service from Searolf supplying me with festoon led's for interior cabin use, also they would not sell my friend a white led bulb to fit in his tricolour as they said the colours would not conform to regulations but new led bulbs that will are in the pipe line. They were very helpful and I would certainly use them again.
Pete

sarabande

Visit site
why do you use the word "suspiciously" ? Are you implying that they are not legitimately purchased by the manufacturer, or that the quality of the final product does not meet the performance claimed on their website ?

I think you have a duty to explain your unfortunate choice of word.

idpnd

www.svlibertalia.com
Suspiciously could mean anything and nothing, as you point out in your post - I think YOU are overreacting ;)

And I don't do duties of any shape or form by the way, bad for spiritual well-being :D

I have written an email asking if the light rating was independently tested/confirmed by any official body

sarabande

Visit site
so your use of the word is not intended to mean anything ? Then why use it ? It seems that the guy is a small British business (albeit using some Chinese products of verifiable quality- he mentions the standards which the supplier of the LEDs meets- ) producing a well-designed, warranted, much-needed product more cheaply than mainstream manufacturers.

Then you come along and use the weasel word 'suspiciously'. What's the purpose ? It's a very negative post.

Last edited:

idpnd

www.svlibertalia.com
Then you come along and use the weasel word 'suspiciously'. What's the purpose ? It's a very negative post.

In my post somewhere near the offensive term "suspiciously" I mentioned officially sanctioned LED replacements. On his site I couldn't see any evidence of independent verification/testing/official approval of the LEDs.

I have written an email asking if the light rating was independently tested/confirmed by any official body

And that's really all there is to it, I don't care if he's small or big, British or otherwise, and if his manufacturer is Chinese, I really don't..

fireball

Visit site
I know - good init ...

We got 2 G4's from UltraLEDs as tests .... I think we got the 9 and the 12 version - the 12 is bright, the 9 nearly as (as expected) - the only 'downside' is the dispersion - the halogens covered quite a wide area (used the reflector to achieve this too) whilst the LED replacements are narrower - not so they are unusable, but it is noticable if you're looking for it.

We will be getting some more LEDs at some point ... UltraLEDs are on my list of 'suppliers' ... far far far better value than the chandlery ... (which ULED - doesn't mean you can put your prices up - cos then I'll just go elsewhere! ;) )

ultraleds55

Visit site
..... Like I said previously we are happy to help genuine customers with products that are in warranty.

We will never use any forum to advertise our products i.e "ultraleds are rubbish but i bought mine from and they were great etc......." I am sure people can see through that.

Comments like "he called me xxxxxx" without any substance should be taken for what they are.

fireball

Visit site
Perhaps you would like to stick around - not for direct advertising - but to help those who are after LEDs and lighting tech ... there's usually a thread or two on it - and your knowledge could be beneficial ...
and as a sideline you may get more business too...

quite a few marine pro's contribute on an ad-hoc basis and their advice is well worth having.

So .... I need some multi-coloured LED's to light up my keel ... just so I know it's there ... what's the best combination of fitting to achieve this ... :p :D