Anchor swallowed, finally

ChrisE

www.simpleisgood.com
The excellent John Rodrigues (jonic on here) has sold Rival Spirit for us. Having owned her for 23 years with a transatlantic and Artic Circle under our belts plus loads of great sailing around Europe the time has come to give it up. I still have a fishing boat to get my salty fix but struggling with sails are now a thing of the past.

Many thanks to all of you who, over the years, gave advice and guidance. Now it is time to sign off.

I hope that you enjoy your sailing as much as we enjoyed ours.

Maybe see you on the riverbank sometime.

Chris

Sybarite

Visit site
The excellent John Rodrigues (jonic on here) has sold Rival Spirit for us. Having owned her for 23 years with a transatlantic and Artic Circle under our belts plus loads of great sailing around Europe the time has come to give it up. I still have a fishing boat to get my salty fix but struggling with sails are now a thing of the past.

Many thanks to all of you who, over the years, gave advice and guidance. Now it is time to sign off.

Chris

What type?

D

Deleted member 36384

All the best Chris., great boats, I think yours was a Rival 38 IIRC. I have just about completed the refit of my Rival 41C. Mid June should see the last coats of varnish and the electrician complete the partial rewire, just have to find a secure spot for the gas bottle and hook up the new gas pipe.. I can't wait to get regular cruising again and aspire to Norway and northern stuff. I have sailed the Atlantic and I am not really interested in warm waters anymore. I am sure if you fancied a sail contact via the ROA would produce folks willing to help out, I certainly would.

Ben H

Visit site

Chris
I don't seem able to PM you (new member) so: I am in the process of buying Rival Spirit (Jan 2023) and for various reasons there is no paperwork at all with the boat. I would be very grateful if you could add any colour to an otherwise blank canvas and if you have any old paperwork I would happily cover the costs of copying and sending..... sorry to bother you, but I don't know where else to look!

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
John may remember the boat and what paperwork it had, I am sure it would have ended up with a correctly formatted bill of sale at least, as the original bill of sale may not be available.
W>hat paperwork are you anticipating being available?

Ben H

Visit site
I don't seem able to PM you (new member) so: I am in the process of buying Rival Spirit (Jan 2023) and for various reasons there is no paperwork at all with the boat. I would be very grateful if you could add any colour to an otherwise blank canvas and if you have any old paperwork I would happily cover the costs of copying and sending..... sorry to bother you, but I don't know where else to look!
@
John may remember the boat and what paperwork it had, I am sure it would have ended up with a correctly formatted bill of sale at least, as the original bill of sale may not be available.
W>hat paperwork are you anticipating being available?
in the first instance I am trying to recreate some of its history; not least so I can prove where it was at Brexit for HMRC, should they show interest. There is a bill of sale to the current vendors- but that is it and that's within 2 years

Ben H

Visit site
Just give John a call in working hours or email. Details on here jryachts.com

I cannot believe that there were no documents as Chris was the original owner/builder and John is very particular about documents when he sells a boat.
There were circumstances after he sold it that led to the documents not staying with the boat: I have no doubt that upto that point there was a thick file, but sadly at this point in time there is one invoice from 2021. That’s why I’m reaching back to see if I can put anything together

Tranona

Visit site
I am sure John will help you all he can. With regard to Brexit. doubt HMRC will ever show any interest unless they have information that it might have been outside the UK on 31/12 2020 and entered the UK after that. I would imagine by how if there was an issue it would have surfaced by now. If you buy it and get a BoS in the UK then any problems are the responsibility of the parson who sold it to you - although it is obviously better to have clarity before you commit.

BTW Chris was last on here in July so assume he is still around, although not sure whether he can help with anything that went on after he sold it.

Good Lock