Alphen aan den Rijn Bridge status?

Suffolk Explorer

Visit site
I'm starting planning for next year and wondered if any Forumites knew the current situation at the Juliana bridge at Alphen aan den Rijn in the Netherlands. When is the Standing Mast route expected to be open for yachts? I cannot find anything by Googling and hoped that other Forumites (especially those based in the Netherlands) might have some information.

Many thanks

Boz

Visit site
I'm an amateur at this really, but the bridge in question is the Juliana Bridge, 2nd Bridge South of the split. If this is impassable then the Staande Mastroute North from Goude is blocked....
(Looking at the ANWB Wateratlas Staande Mastroute)

westhinder

Visit site
I'm an amateur at this really, but the bridge in question is the Juliana Bridge, 2nd Bridge South of the split. If this is impassable then the Staande Mastroute North from Goude is blocked....
(Looking at the ANWB Wateratlas Staande Mastroute)

The staande mastroute was effectively blocked. There were even organised flotillas for people who did not have the experience or the confidence to take their boats north or south over the sea.

Daydream believer

Visit site
On another forum, a Dutch contributor has said that the works were meant to re start in March 2016. However, local news states that this has been put back & works now expected to start in June & take 6 weeks

That effectively puts the kybosh on my intended early summer cruise to Den Helder, then the Ijsselmeer then down the standing mast route to Flushing. So it looks like Channel Islands & Camaret again in 2016. Life can be a bitch sometimes !!!!

sailorman

Visit site
On another forum, a Dutch contributor has said that the works were meant to re start in March 2016. However, local news states that this has been put back & works now expected to start in June & take 6 weeks

That effectively puts the kybosh on my intended early summer cruise to Den Helder, then the Ijsselmeer then down the standing mast route to Flushing. So it looks like Channel Islands & Camaret again in 2016. Life can be a bitch sometimes !!!!

we came South on the Staande Mast route this year, having sailed up the outside. it was the hardest of the 4 times i have done it. 3 days in all this time with many hold-ups. There is more sailing up the north but the towns are some how nicer in the Delta