Alongside etiquette?

rivonia

Visit site
I have flipped my lid on many occasions with little result, the most effective way that I found is to get the digital camera out, start taking photos and before long the skip will appear. Take some of him/her, they will be wanting to know what the hell you are doing. I say it's just for our insurance because you are anchored too close and I think there may be problems later on, they tend to pi55 off toute suite.

I like that. SHMBO always gets the didgital out and takes some - just for ins?

Peter

macd

Visit site
I like that. SHMBO always gets the didgital out and takes some - just for ins?

As a strategy for encouraging the other boat to move, it sounds fine. But it's a two-edged sword as far as insurance is concerned: in taking the photo you've demonstrated that you thought a risk existed. Should neither boat then move and the two of you collide, an insurer may conclude that you have recklessly ignored that risk.

Carmel2

Visit site
As a strategy for encouraging the other boat to move, it sounds fine. But it's a two-edged sword as far as insurance is concerned: in taking the photo you've demonstrated that you thought a risk existed. Should neither boat then move and the two of you collide, an insurer may conclude that you have recklessly ignored that risk.

Fair point! But so far it's had the desired effect, If it didn't then time to move on.

affinite

Visit site
Cant say that quay appeals to me when you have a nice open anchorage in Pethi.
That said when I was there a few weeks ago I made the mistake of anchoring too close to the central pier.
Wind shifted 180 degrees and we ended up 10m from a large freighter tied up to the pier with a forest of bright spotlights and a very noisy generator which ran all night.
(He really knew how to get rid of an unwanted neighbour)
BTW I think he is the Richard ;)

Last edited: