ALGHERO GAS VALVE

graham460

Visit site
Hello Fellow Sailors.
I have my Boat In Fertilla Alghero..
I am looking for A Gas Engineer to come and Check my Gas supply on my boat.. Maybe the Calor Gas Solenoid Valve
There is plenty of gas in the bottle (Had it checked out locally GAs comes out the hose)

When I connect it - No Gas comes through to my Cooker..

So looking for a Gas Engineer (English Speaking)
Also a Good English Speaking boat Electrician.

Regards

Graham

Quote Reply

Martin_J

Visit site
The high pressure hose from the cylinder to the regulator.... Is it one that has a non-return value in it? Usually indicated with a sticky label around the hose or if you remove the pigtail (hose) from the cylinder and see a hexagonal end with ball bearing behind when you look into it

Sometimes the ball bearing (non return valve) can stick if not used for a while or the gas pressure is low, thus preventing gas from getting through from the cylinder to the regulator.

Boat Safety Scheme appendix shows how to identify these pigtails (hoses)

Screenshot_20211111-115230_Drive.jpg

graham460

Visit site
Hello Martin
I don't have a regulator fitted Valve sits on top of the Bottle then goes into the Hard Pipework into Solenoid valve
So Not too sure about a Non Return Valve (NRV) Unless the Solenoid has a NRV.

The Sensor Was setting the alarm off last Night about 3 times (EVEN THOUGH GAS AT THE BOTTLE EAS DISCONNECTED) (WELL I FULLY DISCONNECTED THE VALVE AFTER THE FIRST ALARM

I SPOKE WITH Nereus But They Not too sure what the problem is - It maybe the solenoid. There is Power going to the Wall Alarm Switch As the Green power Light is ON

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4da7.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4da7.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 9
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4da8.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4da8.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 10
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4da9.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4da9.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 10
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4daa.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4daa.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 10
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4dae.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4dae.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 10
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4daf.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4daf.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 13
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4db0.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4db0.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 13
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4db1 Bottle Solenoid .jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4db1 Bottle Solenoid .jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 12
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4db3 HOSE .jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4db3 HOSE .jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 11
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4db4 Solenoid .jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4db4 Solenoid .jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 10

Martin_J

Visit site
From the photos, it looks like your regulator is the circular item screwed to the top of the cylinder. It is the thing that reduces and regulates the pressure. Yours also has the isolating valve built into the side of it.

It does sound like the solenoid might not be getting the correct power in order to open it, or that the solenoid has an internal fault.... and hopefully the gas isn't just flowing somewhere else instead.

Sounds like the gas engineer will be the quickest/safest fix.

Caladh

Visit site
Have you tried tapping the solenoid ? Is there power at the solenoid ? Did everything Work before ie. this is a new problem? I also have a similar Nereus setup. If the alarm is going off with no gas supply on suggests Nereus control panel fault. It will be possible to bypass the control panel so you are just effectively turning the solenoid on and off.

graham460

Visit site
My thoughts as well. Remove the solenoid and get a hose tail fitting for where the solenoid attaches then just feed regulator direct to that.

Hi

The regulator fits directly onto the Bottle I;ve ran 12v Power from the Battery to the Two wires which feeds the Gas Solenoid valve - Checked with Multi Meter Still not gas to the cooker So the Solenoid valve is Faulty (£130) Plus The Swith on the wall maybe faulty Now I may have touched two wires and It os not showing any Power
Cant easly see any Fuse in the wiring Hard to trace it all But there is still 7volts Coming in from the supply and there was 4v going to the Gas Valve Strange If there was a fuse and Blown It would not show any power to the Wall Switch

???? Stumped

Caladh

Visit site
Hi

The regulator fits directly onto the Bottle I;ve ran 12v Power from the Battery to the Two wires which feeds the Gas Solenoid valve - Checked with Multi Meter Still not gas to the cooker So the Solenoid valve is Faulty (£130) Plus The Swith on the wall maybe faulty Now I may have touched two wires and It os not showing any Power
Cant easly see any Fuse in the wiring Hard to trace it all But there is still 7volts Coming in from the supply and there was 4v going to the Gas Valve Strange If there was a fuse and Blown It would not show any power to the Wall Switch

???? Stumped
Talk to Nereus about how to test the solenoid independently of the control switch.