Aldi Bluetooth stero

PabloPicasso

Visit site
Aldi have a Bluetooth FM car stereo with aux input (no CD player).
I was thinking of getting it to replace the ageing radio cassette that inhabits my boat.

It's under €50

Do you think it'd be any good?

JumbleDuck

Visit site
Aldi have a Bluetooth FM car stereo with aux input (no CD player).
I was thinking of getting it to replace the ageing radio cassette that inhabits my boat.

It's under €50

Do you think it'd be any good?

I've got the version with a CD. The bluetooth worked for a bit, then stopped working, then started working again and then stopped working and hasn't been willing to pair with anything for a year. Resetting it doesn't work. The CD player (I know the one you're thinking of doesn't have one, but it says something about the maker's standards) overheats about three quarters of the way through a CD and won't play any more until it has been allowed to cool down for half an hour.

When it's working it's OK, but basically it's cheap rubbish. Save your money.

PabloPicasso

Visit site
Ok thanks for that. I'll save the money and continue listening to the perfectly good fm radio and use headphones for music

TSB240

Visit site
I have been using a Bose soundlink mini on board for 6 months. Fantastic bit of kit. Bluetooth or Aux line in works off its own rechargeable batteries or can be plugged directly into boat 12V supply.

Sound is amazing for size

Not cheap but worth every penny

ronsurf

Visit site
I've got a Bluetooth shower speaker that's pretty good. It has a suction pad on it, it's shower proof, and it's rechargeable from USB. I can play music from my phone through it either in the cockpit or in the cabin.

I used to have a car stereo but found they were a bit power hungry for my small boat so I down graded to a portable radio and the bluetoth speaker. Costs a lot less than 50 Euro as well!

NickRobinson

Visit site

rob2

Visit site
Going back to my youth, I always thought Test Match Special was at its best when nothing was going on - rain stopped play, etc. The gentle clink of wine bottles and slightly slurred ramblings of the commentators were far more interesting than an audio report of a bunch of chaps banging a ball around... occasionally (except in the case of England).

Whilst Bluetooth is becoming the norm, don't forget that you can get a very low power VHF transmitter which allows your phone, Discman, whatever to transit to the car radio.

Rob.

erbster

travellingaurora.wordpress.com
Whilst Bluetooth is becoming the norm, don't forget that you can get a very low power VHF transmitter which allows your phone, Discman, whatever to transit to the car radio.

I've always found BT to be much superior to radio dongles, which have inferior sound quality and are subject to interference.

+1 for a standalone BT USB-charged speaker.

jonrarit

Visit site
I bought the Aldi one last time round .... works brilliantly on the boat, bluetooth and Aux. Even found the remote control really handy.

Maybe I was lucky or others unlucky

jr