Alacrity

G

Does anybody have any details of a 22' "Alacrity" cruiser. I have been unable to find any information.

G

Ray -

Many thanks for your reply.

I have found a 1986 Alacrity in Bolton with a 6.5hp Evinrude outboard plus new trailer at £2,250 (sounds too good to be true).

The description sounds very impressive and I am told it is 22' long with a bilge keel (not a drop / fin keel) but, so far, I've not been able to find out much information.

I understand the Alacrity may be the same as a Jaguar 22' but this boat appears to have a fin keel so, basically, I'm confused.

Any help would be appreciated as it's a long journey from Newcastle to Bolton - especially if it's wasted !

Kind regards,

Peter Walton

G

Steve -

Many thanks for your reply and the website address.

I have found a 1986 Alacrity in Bolton with a 6.5hp Evinrude outboard plus new trailer at £2,250 (sounds too good to be true).

The description sounds very impressive and I am told it is 22' long with a bilge keel (not a drop / fin keel) but, so far, I've not been able to find out much information.

If the Alacrity is the same as a Jaguar 22' I'm confused as this boat appears to have a fin keel.

Any help would be appreciated as it's a long journey from Newcastle to Bolton - especially if it's wasted !

Kind regards,

Peter Walton

G

Petr , This craft is also known as a Jaquar 22, I believe they are the same boat . Try Jaguar yachts on Canvey island. What do you want to know ? Ray

G

Peter, The Jaguar 22 came in a variety of bottoms. Centre plate and bilge runners which were removable in theory and cost £13 a pair from new!! The bilge runners were a lattice work which certainly kept the boat upright when aground but were a swine to clean and anti-foul. I do not know of a fin keel version but be careful because after that period Jaguars produced a range of boats including 21, 23 ,etc and were a different class of boat altogether. I do believe that earlier Alacrity's were made of marine ply. Sorry I can't tell you much more although I did have a Jaguar 22 for a number of seasons. Regards Ray

G

Ray -

Many thanks for your advice.

Kind regards,

Peter Walton