AKS heater and old uniden VHF--free. Newcastle upon Tyne

mon_ami

Visit site
AKS propane/gas heater
Uniden VHF MC6700

I took both of these off my boat when I bought it. I have every reason to believe both were working when I removed them, though I haven't tested the heater. I believe I have the instruction manual for the heater in my files. Free to anyone who is willing to pick them up from Newcastle.

Attachments

• 2014-02-23 15.36.58.jpg
    2014-02-23 15.36.58.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2014-02-23 15.36.49.jpg
    2014-02-23 15.36.49.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 0

mon_ami

Visit site
Sorry about that--my PM was apparently turned off. I've turned it back on again. Let me know if you're still interested.

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
The heater looks like a catalytic one. I understand they are no longer sold because of the asbestos they contain. But I refitted a similar Thermex one that I found in a locker & it is a damn good heater. Just make sure you leave the main hatch open & don't leave it on when you go to sleep. I suppose I haven't been exposed to it long enough to have a problem as I have only had it for about 26 years. Maybe I will get asbestos when I am 90.

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
The heater looks like a catalytic one. I understand they are no longer sold because of the asbestos they contain.

It is a catalytic heater, but you are otherwise mistaken and they are still on sale (search for 'mini catalytic heater') from chandleries and elsewhere.

We have an identical heater aboard (installed following advice from you, IIRC, Searush). It's no substitute for a roaring solid fuel stove (tricky in a 23 footer), but a boon nonetheless.