ajc 's missing yacht

graham

Visit site
ajc \'s missing yacht

With the weekend coming up I wonder if our combined effort could be of some use.
The boats been gone about a week now ,with the calm weather it could have motored a good distance.

can I suggest that when we visit our own boats this weekend we keep our eyes peeled maybe ask the marina staff /yard managers if they have seen /heard anything.

To save ajc any wild goose chases to look at similar craft a quick digital picture emailed or check it against the details he has listed. (I have copied his original post below)

Remember this is not just an off the shelf boat but one he has personally restored so must mean a lot.

ajc;s original post.
My Queen Bee is missing from RNSA mooring in Fareham Creek, Portsmouth. Unusual as only about 7 or 9 made. Very similar to a Honey Bee/Twister although 28ft long she is larger than a Twister. Name of boat is Hilary Joyce and is engraved on name board across width of transom. Painted Oxford Blue hull with gold coach line. All new Rubbing strakes, Toe rails & Deck. Deck is Mahogany cover boards & King Planks ( actually it's Utile as are the Rubbing strakes & Toe rails.) with a Teak Laid deck which has NO visible fixings. No screws or Pellets! Mahogany coachroof and light blue top. All new stainless steel work, including all chainplates, bow fitting ( Large & a one off, dissimilar to original) Pushpit/Pulpit/Stantions etc. Does not have a mast, removed for winter. Engine is a Beta 28 hp diesel ( virtually new) full instrument panel to Port side of Companionway. Twin Plastimo compasses bulkhead type to either side of companionway. Companionway and hatch are slightly offset to Starboard. Try this link www.kcts.btinternet.co.uk/Hilaryjoyce.htm for a piccie.
Any information gratefully received.
HJatHornet.jpg

Mirelle

N/A
Visit site
Re: ajc \'s missing yacht

A good thought. I would have mistaken for a Twister or North Sea 24.

An unusual choice of boat to steal, and at this time of year boat theft must be a little uncommon anyway. Will certainly be looking out for her.

Incidentally, the thieves won't be able to paint over that blue with a lighter shade at all easily.

absit_omen

Visit site

Can't believe that NOBODY has noticed a mastless blue boat motoring around at this time of year!

supra30

Visit site

If you can, print off a copy of the picture and show it around! I know I can't describe most MABs (sorry, that should be LovinglyRestoredABs) for toffee!

Mike

ajc

Visit site

I would be extremely grateful for that. I cannot make it this weekend or maybe Sunday if I work hard on Friday & Saturday!! Gosport Marine Police called me yesterday to say they were going to give the harbour a good seeing to & I understand they ( the crew of the Police Launch ) recognise my boat , seems the Skipper was rather taken with her.

Any sightings, please contact me, or the RNSA Office at Haslar Marina. Good Luck.

Bottle_of_Rum

Visit site

Hi

Have you been able to narrow down when she went missing?

Bit of a long shot and time consuming but if you have an idea of time... consider a look in the archieves of harbour eye's web cam.

I'm sure we would all like to hear of a happy ending to this story.

Can you also tell us if you have followed up on some of the other suggestions... such as talking to QHM and all the local yards.

BOR