AGM Carbon Leoch LDC, Experiences?

NBs

Visit site
I noticed that it is widely sold in the UK. Here in Finland it is a new brand and we ask for help from those of you who have experience with these batteries or have heard your experiences. I am replacing a 4*6V 220 lifeline battery at the bank and the price difference is substantial, therefore ask for support, thanks

pessimist

Visit site
We fitted 4 of these at the beginning of last season. Not long enough to provide any useful data on longevity but I will say that (subjectively) they seem to recharge from solar on the morning much quicker than the SLAs they replaced.

NorthUp

Visit site
Only when they were aboard and unwrapped did I find a warning "not to be used with inverters". The voltage drop with a 3kW inverter boiling a kettle trips out the inverter- this with 8 batteries in a 24v bank. This was never an issue with the old gel bank, which lasted eight years, though tested capacity was still at around 70%

surfernan

Visit site
I noticed that it is widely sold in the UK. Here in Finland it is a new brand and we ask for help from those of you who have experience with these batteries or have heard your experiences. I am replacing a 4*6V 220 lifeline battery at the bank and the price difference is substantial, therefore ask for support, thanks
I fitted 1 as start and 2 domestic a year ago.
I was concerned of the max recharge warning (Discovered after ordering ) which would apply on the start battery until the vsr cut in and split the charge. So far so good and still working fine.

Tranona

Visit site
They claim longer life (greater number of cycles) than other AGMs and sell for a premium which reflects the additional life. If considering buying them the questions are first is the additional life real, second is it worth the extra cost and third can you benefit from the extra life. Given that in many applications the life of AGMs is measured in long time periods - 10-15 years not unusual for typical summer cruisers reliable data is difficult to find for new products. Ther in relation to your pattern of usage.efore one has to make an assessment of the reliability of the claims

BabaYaga

Visit site
One additional benefit of lead carbon batteries is that they tend to be a bit more compact compared to standard or start/stop AGMs.
I renewed my house bank in 2020 with 3 x 90 Ah (C20). The dimensions of these conforms with group 24, that would normally hold 75 or 80 Ah's.
As others have stated, still much too early to tell if they live up to the claimed longer life.
(Mine are branded Uplus, which I believe is somehow linked to Leoch).

Last edited:

NBs

Visit site
Thanks to you for sharing your experiences!

I think I'll give a chance to these batteries Leoch.

My old Life line agm batteries have been excellent but their price here is too much for me, they are now 15 years old and working but already suffering from aging.

Let's see how lLeoch works, time will tell.

Happy boating season -24!

NBs