Advice requested-blocked window wash tubes - Saga w

S1975

Visit site
Good Day.

Unfortunately I ran my window wash tank near dry the other day.in heavy spray.Opened it up and cleaned it all out after I noticed water suspended gunge blocking pump filter. All refitted, pump apparently working with suction, 3 x spray nozzles checked clear but no delivery to nozzles...

Can anybody offer advice/experience as to how to best proceed from here?

Many thanks

S1975

Last edited:

sarabande

Visit site
if not replaced/used regularly, then washer fluid bottles can sometimes grow bugs.

Check the bottle, clean the whole system, including blow-back as suggested, then replace with clean fluid.

Spi D

Visit site
Be careful if a hose has created a leak somewhere not accessible, might pump water into unwanted places.

If you end up replacing the tubes, the easiest way normally is to connect a new tube to the old one and push/pull/lead it through.

superheat6k

Visit site
When I bought OB mine were blocked up. I unscrewed the spray nozzles and dropped them out on their feeder tubes, disconnected them and left them immersed in bleach overnight, then cleaned them out with a needle.

Mine are fed from a solenoid valve direct from the freshwater system. They do need regular use or they tend to clog.

S1975

Visit site
Thanks everyone.

Lots of useful advice and experience and I am pleased to report, after using a combination of the advice, that the tubes are now all clear and the system is working. I will not let it get near empty again or allow bugs, weed etc to grow. I do not think it had been cleaned out since build, 14 years ago.
Regards David.