Advice re selling bits

SimbaDog

Visit site
I'm after advice on how to get rid of all the stuff left from yacht sale :rolleyes: Started listing everything on paper & I'm astounded at how much I've got! Already over 50 items & I'm nowhere near done yet.
if I list everything separately it will be a nightmare to manage. Any suggestions? I'm near Plymouth.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
I'm after advice on how to get rid of all the stuff left from yacht sale :rolleyes: Started listing everything on paper & I'm astounded at how much I've got! Already over 50 items & I'm nowhere near done yet.
if I list everything separately it will be a nightmare to manage. Any suggestions? I'm near Plymouth.
List them in small groups, say 10 at a time, in the For Sale section here. Price each one separately.

AngusMcDoon

Visit site
I've found success in listing a few low value items in one post on the For Sale forum without postage included, and then specify how much postage would be, charged once for as many items as the buyer wants. This has 2 benefits - firstly it allows me to sell low value stuff that would not be economic to sell on their own because of postage cost, and secondly it encourages the buyer to buy more of my detritus moving it from my garage/shed/spare room to theirs. Here's my post...

The dregs - small items under a tenner

Last edited:

Daydream believer

Visit site
Most people who have been sailing for a while will already have the junk that one aquires over the years. Sometimes it is better just to skip it. really it is better to let the more useful ( in your mind anyway) parts go with the boat. Some owners will want it & some bits they will skip themselves.

SimbaDog

Visit site
Most people who have been sailing for a while will already have the junk that one aquires over the years. Sometimes it is better just to skip it. really it is better to let the more useful ( in your mind anyway) parts go with the boat. Some owners will want it & some bits they will skip themselves.
This isn't junk, it's the entire equipment from a large yacht!

fisherman

Visit site
I sold quite a lot of unconsidered trifles. I laid them all out on a white sheet, took a pic, then a pic of each quarter. I listed the stuff in the order it apppeared in the pics. Message for prices. FB marketplace.
It is better to advertise the stuff individually or in small lots, however, and FB is easy to use this way.

superboots

Visit site
An alternative is to have someone act as agent either informally or through an established business - its takes the hassle out of it which is what you have asked for. I think there is one in your area who uses Ebay to sell named something like dinghy shack, others you can find on Google

penfold

Visit site
Not for boaty oddments; if you were selling a Scrip Thribbly left-handed Hoojimaflip and I wanted one, provided you wrote the description in literate english and photographed the item adequately I'd ignore the absence of feedback as between paypal and ebay I'm quite well protected against misfeasance.

To the OP; take the lot to a boat jumble as Kwik says, or list on here as Angus suggests.