A whole new meaning to planing at sea

Frontier

Visit site
funny_picture063.jpg

[2068]

Visit site
Not too sure where the tail section went, but if that was a ditch into water, the pilot did bl**dy well.

dv.

Sixpence

Visit site
Agree totally but is that even possible ? surely it's a photoshop job and the bloke taking pics is actually taking pics of the boat that's on the end of that wake

muckypup

Visit site
It does look suspect to me. Look under the engine on the left - there is quite a defined line between the engine and sand. On the right behiend the engine there looks to be a wing section propped up against what? And to the right of this some out of place greenery. I would guess a photoshop as well.

S.

oceanfroggie

www.derg.ie
Could be PS, but it looks ok to me. Relection and light levels on stbd side of fuselage are spot on. Also tail plane section to port is sitting on it's end ok, with tail cone sticking up into air. Looks like no 2 was dead stick and fully feathered, and no 1 was windmilling or running when she came down, hence 4 bend blades instead of two.

tangofour

Visit site
What a bunch of cynics we have here!

December 2001. A Convair CV-580 ( occupants 2 - fatalaties 0 ) ditched gently off a Florida beach, remained afloat and was subsequently washed ashore.

The right engine ( left on photo ) was shut down before the ditching, hence the feathered and unbent blades. After the ditching the captain ( former captain I suspect ) and crew sat on the aircraft as it drifted to shore.

No doubt the water action broke the airframe up as she lay on the beach. In spite of being quite large an aluminium aircraft wing is not match for wave action!

In a nutshell he ran out of 'motion lotion' and took a swim.

NTSB report at http://tinyurl.com/2xhw7o