A spelling plea - dingy dinghies

Woodlouse

Visit site
Has there ever been a grammatically and linguistically correct complaint about grammar and language on the internet?

Truth be told the whole thing is so monstrously inconsistent and convoluted that very, very few people master the language and we should just accept that it constantly evolves anyway. The last thing we need is to be like the French who are constantly and desperately trying to keep their language in the 19th century.

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
Has there ever been a grammatically and linguistically correct complaint about grammar and language on the internet?

Truth be told the whole thing is so monstrously inconsistent and convoluted that very, very few people master the language and we should just accept that it constantly evolves anyway. The last thing we need is to be like the French who are constantly and desperately trying to keep their language in the 19th century.

...and there are many (sometimes too two many) uses of the word 'to' spelled or used incorrectly.

Actually the incorrect useage of 'two' 'too' and 'two' is mildly annoying along with 'they're', 'their', 'there' etc

Krusty

Visit site
I wonder if I am alone in being intensley irritated by the use of "floor" to refer to the ground, pavement or field?; even on the BBC!
Surely a floor is a horizontal construction within a building? Or have I become ignorant in senility?

Perhaps the reason, or excuse, is that it requires placing a finger on no more than four keys?

dk

Visit site
I wonder if I am alone in being intensley irritated by the use of "floor" to refer to the ground, pavement or field?; even on the BBC!
Surely a floor is a horizontal construction within a building? Or have I become ignorant in senility?

Perhaps the reason, or excuse, is that it requires placing a finger on no more than four keys?

Er? Cast ye not a stone!