A pair of engines - 7.4litre

coliholic

Visit site
I'm on the mailing list of an auction company and just received today's offerings. There's a pair of engines up for auction that look quite tempting.

It's not helped that I don't have a boat to fit them in at the moment, but generally speaking would it be worth a gamble to buy these and then sort a boat out later?

PAIR OF NEW MERLIN (FORD) 7.8L 400 hp TURBO & INTERCOOLED MARINE DIESEL ENGINES IN CRATE AS SHOWN IN PICS comes complete with Turbos and exhaust as shown, alternator etc etc in fact a box full of ancilliaries

BOTH ENGINES COME WITH CRADLE AS SHOWN (WHICH COST £1000 EACH !!)

BOTH ENGINES ARE BRAND NEW, HAVE BEEN RUN UP AND WORK PERFECTLY.

What do we think chaps? Current bidding is £1k and the auction's till Sunday so for a couple of grand is it worth a gamble

BruceK

Visit site
couple of auction websites showing those, all with conflicting info and expiry dates, with one looking for offers above $18000 and the other trade only auction. When I see things like that I try and keep my finger off the submit button until I know which is genuine.

omega2

Visit site
couple of auction websites showing those, all with conflicting info and expiry dates, with one looking for offers above $18000 and the other trade only auction. When I see things like that I try and keep my finger off the submit button until I know which is genuine.

Are you changing your religion??

Latestarter1

Visit site
Merlin Marine engines were hopeless, take a close look at at the exhaust manifold, complete bodge.

Marinisations of Ford and Mack engines, sales were handled in Europe by Lancing Marine who were almost overwhelmed by warranty claims on the few engines they sold.

Motors will blight any boat they are installed in.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
J
Merlin Marine engines were hopeless, take a close look at at the exhaust manifold, complete bodge.

Marinisations of Ford and Mack engines, sales were handled in Europe by Lancing Marine who were almost overwhelmed by warranty claims on the few engines they sold.

Motors will blight any boat they are installed in.

Don't sit on the fence, LS, tell us what you really think!:)
I take it you won't be bidding?