A Day At The Races!

chris-s

Visit site
Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section, I always seem to end up in the wrong place!

Click on the link to see some snaps from the start of the AZAB 2019 race followed by a local regatta at Loe Beach...

Click for more!

j80

Visit site
Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section, I always seem to end up in the wrong place!

Click on the link to see some snaps from the start of the AZAB 2019 race followed by a local regatta at Loe Beach...

Click for more!

Great pics - love the seadogs - but on the boats one of the JPK10.10's or a J/105 would be my pick for this race - just looked on tracker - they seem to be making good progress - fair winds and following seas to all competitors. Makes me realise that smaller RORC Fastnet qualifying races are mere day sails in comparison to what these guys are doing!

Racecruiser

Visit site
Great pics - love the seadogs - but on the boats one of the JPK10.10's or a J/105 would be my pick for this race - just looked on tracker - they seem to be making good progress - fair winds and following seas to all competitors. Makes me realise that smaller RORC Fastnet qualifying races are mere day sails in comparison to what these guys are doing!

Good pics and the AZAB is on my list hopefully the next one in 4 years before I get too old! Interesting to follow the race, it's been pretty tough at times with quite a lot of retirements for damage including 2 dismastings and a serious hull/keel leak. Just one boat still to finish the outward leg currently and then the results will be up presumably, some getting redress for standing by other yachts. Of course it's a lot further than the Fastnet at c1250 miles each way but you're away from headlands and tidal gates and there aren't very many boats or ships to worry about. And a decent stopover period in the warmth must be great.