A Coruna quickie

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
It has been a few years since we visited A Coruna. The outer marina was more expensive when we visited in 2012, pretty empty and not able to haggle over prices. The second marina (Club Real if I remember correctly) gave us a good deal for a weekly rate but split over more than one stop (i.e. We could stay 3 days, leave and return within a week or so and stay 4 days etc. at the lower weekly rate). I don't know if they'd still do that and the other marina had filled up a bit in 2013.

I would still stay in the Club Real because it is much closer to the town and they were a friendly lot. Just take a look at Google Earth and you will see that it is close to Maria Pita square. We did get a little swell in the Club Real but not much.

davethedog

Visit site
We were in marina coruna about 2 weeks ago and the staff were very helpful and the marina had a lot of space to manouvre. You can alps get fuel there too if required.

It is a bit further to the centre but it is a pleasant walk along the promenade.

Can't recall the price but I know it was cheaper than the solent!

Oh and they speak English too which is a help if you can't speak Spanish.

Yngmar

Visit site
We were in marina coruna about 2 weeks ago and the staff were very helpful and the marina had a lot of space to manouvre. You can alps get fuel there too if required.

It is a bit further to the centre but it is a pleasant walk along the promenade.

Can't recall the price but I know it was cheaper than the solent!

Oh and they speak English too which is a help if you can't speak Spanish.

+1, but we did have some swell there, so mooring snubbers a good idea (you'll want some anyways).

Blog entry from our visit: https://sdfjkl.org/blog/2017-08-01-spanish-rias-a-coruna/

Prices are here: https://www.northwestmarinas.com/en/marina-coruna/rates/

[3889]

Visit site
There a fortnight ago and used both marinas - we left Marina Real for 1 night on Assumption Day as that mistake had been made before, sleeping will not take place.
As long as there is no festival on then Real is the better option for swell and city centre access. They give a 15% CA discount if that's of use. Marina Coruña used to offer 25% but no longer do.

saxonpirate

Visit site
I've never stayed in the Real, just Marina Coruna, and the last time was back in Aug/Sept 2012.

I must say, I found the staff there to be incredibly helpful and friendly. I got a pretty good discount too if I remember correctly. I would definitely stay there again if I'm passing Coruna.

As mentioned above, yes the walk is a bit further into town, but not so far as to be a hike. The stroll into town was a daily for me, and I found it really relaxing. Especially on a warm evening..

dgadee

Visit site
Wintered in the Real marina in centre of town. Lovely and cheap. Only problem was it's a bit wet over the winter. Still think it was our best stop on our trip (currently in Sardinia).

dgadee

Visit site
Did you look?

Another tip, try asking the poster mentioned how long he has lived in.........Galicia. :rolleyes:

Rolling eyes is the sign of the pedant. As is complaining on behalf of another. Another is giving out unasked for tips. Maybe even calling oneself sensible? Who knows?

You should get a mobile and you'll then see that location info isn't displayed on the forum.

It pissed down when we were in the Rias while home frazzled in the heat. It pissed down when we spent a month over Xmas in A Coruna. In pissing down climates a dehumidifier is a sensible ploy on a boat.

dgadee

Visit site
A tip is not a complaint. :rolleyes:

Didnt see the other poster ask for a tip about dehumidifiers. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

A tip can certainly be a complaint. Your schoolteachers must have used it with you: "Young Sensible, let me give you a tip. Drop the pedantry". And you ignored them!

Didn't see any other poster being so pedantic. That's almost unheard of on the forum, I find.

capnsensible

Visit site
A tip can certainly be a complaint. Your schoolteachers must have used it with you: "Young Sensible, let me give you a tip. Drop the pedantry". And you ignored them!

Didn't see any other poster being so pedantic. That's almost unheard of on the forum, I find.

As a fully grown word grasper, Im sure you understand 'patronising' too. ;)

adri_cubs

Visit site
I was in Coruña a few weeks ago, the real marina was better from what I heard from a guy who stayed in both, I liked thr real one but toilets/showers are not great..

The bay on the other side is very nice.

Go to the bar "la bombilla" and ask for croquetas and calamares

[3889]

Visit site
I was in Coruña a few weeks ago, the real marina was better from what I heard from a guy who stayed in both, I liked thr real one but toilets/showers are not great..

The bay on the other side is very nice.

Go to the bar "la bombilla" and ask for croquetas and calamares

Mrs Q is Spanish and also determined La Bombilla as the eatery of choice with which I wholeheartedly concur.
La Bombilla
Rúa Torreiro, 6, 15003 A Coruña, Spain
+34 981 22 46 91
https://maps.app.goo.gl/JYXCqLHzbKX2fmWh7