9ft 1970's Spitfire speedboat project.

markcw

www.youtube.com
Really nice, agree with others that the blue looked really lush, tell the wifey you been pushed in changing the colour as we're all ganging up on your in the forum ;)

Have not seen no YouTube vids but that boat will fly with a 40 engine on the back, hope you have ski goggles:eek:

Great thread nice to see some -20ft boat projects. Keep up the good work:D

J13MEX

Visit site
How about picking out that raised section down the centre of the foredeck in blue, to break up the whiteness?

That was my original plan, I was going to do a really brief Microsoft paint edit of it so I can see but then I went and got an iPad! Wonder if there is anything similar I can download..

Leave it with me :)

J13MEX

Visit site
*must stay calm...*
Incident today, partners dad dropped some scaffolding on the boat taking off a substantial amount of paint! So rather than applying final costs tonight, I was sanding it back and putting on a few coats!

I'm sure this project is destined to never end! Ha

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
Just remember she may see it as competition simply because it has so much of your attention . . .

Something that us guys often struggle to get to grips with. :eek:

Tho I am not suggesting that the event was anything more than an accident, but the comment made me think a little wider.

J13MEX

Visit site
I'm making the girlfriend seem crazy haha, was only joking about that. She wants it finished as much as I do. Is looking really good now.

Pics soon :)

jimmcgee

Visit site
9ft speed boat with a 28hp 2 stroke engine :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

the only problem your going to have is no power trim and the balls to keep the power on lololol :p

prv

Visit site
Just a thought; how easy is it to flip something like that with a tight turn, wash - or the 2 together?

Would a crash helmet be a good idea as well as the bouyancy aid? :eek:

Well I tell you one thing, I'd be scared ****less at any speed in it!

I am a bit of a wuss when it comes to small fast boats though.

Pete

J13MEX

Visit site
I'm used to fast cars (working for a race team and racing myself) so I needed speed or would have got bored. Am I crazy? Time will tell! It should shift though! With regards to the trim, do you think I need t set it as low as possible?

rafiki_

Visit site
I'm used to fast cars (working for a race team and racing myself) so I needed speed or would have got bored. Am I crazy? Time will tell! It should shift though! With regards to the trim, do you think I need t set it as low as possible?

You will find the right trim when you start using the boat. Suggest you don't start with WOT, but build up, then pop onot the plane, then find the right trim, then when confident, go for it:D