88 Princess 45 cabin lights (eyball spots in Wheelhouse / saloon, and to aft deck)

robind

Visit site
Hi, I have lost the feed to the eyeball spots in the main saloon (8 no, old type eyeball spots with 12 volt dc lamps) and the power feed to the 3 flourescents on the underside of the aft deck area which appear to be 24vdc. I don`t really want to change the spots yet for Led`s but of course may do so in the future, as it will mean new head lining or at the very least upholstered convertor plates to reduce the size of the fitting holes.

These particular lights are all switched from the (three rocker switch) switch plate positioned on the starboard patio door jamb in the saloon. I have checked the fuses marked cabin lights in the main fuseboard area (small black box on the Stb side ) behing the dash (above the bed in the middle cabin) and checked them for failure, and have cleaned them up in case there was any corrosion. the only thing I can think is that as the vessel is mainly 24vdc the transformer to the 12 volt (8 no eyeball spot) lamps may have failed? and that has caused the 24vdc to the aft deck lights to have lost their supply too?

However my question is does anybody out there had an inkling as to where the if any transformer might be positioned and what type I would need to replace it if it had expired ? Thanks in anticipation of any assistance, kind regards Rob