8 so far

pheran

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Dogs I love to bitz (as proof I point out I am friends with Pheran)

[/ QUOTE ] Only because I'm happy to hump your leg............... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ps Wont be able to attend as we will have gone back to Clogland by the date in question......but save me a drink!

ianc1200

Visit site
"I have two of my own that attend all rallies one for any food she can beg, the other for any kids he can play with."

Byron, do you still have Oi!, and is Teddy still around?

regards

IanC

DogsBody

Visit site
Think I might have hinted at it in another thread but I wont be able to make it as I have prior arrangements with BCC for that day.

May be able to stop by and say hello on our summer hols though, if we go up river.

Darren.

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
"I have two of my own that attend all rallies one for any food she can beg, the other for any kids he can play with."

Byron, do you still have Oi!, and is Teddy still around?

regards

IanC

[/ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately OI is dead, it had to happen, she kept going up to the railway track. Teddy as you know is one of OI's pups and is with Clive & Jill. I doubt if they will be here.

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Byron, don't know your neck of the woods at all, would need to do some form of return to Sunbury for car, nearest rail station is?

[/ QUOTE ]
We have an excellent train service from Goring to Reading, Paddington and all points between. Not sure where you would change for Sunbury though.

jecuk

Visit site
I'd best not bring our dog. St Bernard puppies tend to intimidate kids (although actually about the gentlest dog I have ever met) and as for chickens. That would be a mere amuse bouche....

apollo

Visit site
I am afraid we are going to have to cry off by boat for same reason, shame on Brayman for picking a weekend that Bray CC is having a do /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Will try to come by car during the day though.

DogsBody

Visit site
Re: Double shame on Brayman

Guess Brayman didn't consult his calender, we have not one but two events on that day.

So are you going to be around for the boat handling then Apollo?

Brayman

Visit site

So busy so busy, making decisions has never been my strong point. Never mind guys I'll take photos and tell you all about it.

apollo

Visit site

Well if I am that blows me out for going to Byrons during the day!

I have to say I would rather stay down around Bray as I normally like to give the engines a quick service before a coastal run and as we didnt go anywhere last year, its even more pressing.

So I guess the upshot of all that is, probably will be around at Bray!!

Geoffs

Visit site
Hi Byron, your rally invitation has started an idea brewing in my tiny brain. I've always fancied the idea of bringing the boat to visit the Thames from Poole, so your shindig might be an excuse, and would be good to do it before diesel goes up.

Can't seem to find a definitive date in all the posts, looks like May 10th/11th from what I can see. I'm still in the early planning stage, and of course will depend on the weather. I'm thinking 2 or 3 days to St. Kats, and 2 or 3 days up the river to South Stoke. Sound about right?

Apart from the weather the only issues I can think of are self certifying for BSS, and the fact that I do 4.5knots with the engine on tickover, so I'm expeeding the ceed limit on tickover, hours and hours of running at tickover might not do the engine much good. How did you get by with your Princess?

byron

RIP
Visit site
First off, 3 days from St Kats to here makes for a comfortable journey.
Secondly your visitors licence doesn't require you to go through the stupidity of the BSS test.
Thirdly if your craft ticks over at more than 4.8 knots then so-be-it. Even the congenital idiots in the Environment Agency realise a vessel must navigate within its parameters. My last boat wouldn't 'do' less than 5.5 knots and I was never challenged. The speed limit is daft anyway (apart from being graded in Kilometers P.H.) because many larger vessels are not fully under control at less than 5 knots.

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
Seconded on speed. I get >5 knots on tickover and don't lose much of that on one engine. Only time I've even had to discuss the matter was duing the "lively" Thames last summer when it was accepted that accuracy of control overrode a bit of speeding.

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Seconded on speed. I get >5 knots on tickover and don't lose much of that on one engine. Only time I've even had to discuss the matter was duing the "lively" Thames last summer when it was accepted that accuracy of control overrode a bit of speeding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Driving on one engine ... I doubt if your Underwriters would be too happy about that /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Indeed anything that reduces a Skipper's control over vessel would be frowned on in a Maritime/Admiralty Court.
As a matter of side interest switching off your engines before a vessel is fully secured including Springs is cardinal sin too. (springs + Locking is an exception).