50 foot live aboard yacht

rivonia

Visit site
We currently live on our moody 38 and we want to upgrade to something between 45 and 50 foot.

In an ideal world I would like a cutter rig with removable inner forestay. She needs to have a fully battend mainsail. Cost under 100k. Needs a fin keel or long, just along she ain't shallow draft.

Around the 20 ton mark. And something that can push along well but not infringe on living space.

To give you an idea a 1980s moody 47 fits the bill fairly well but I would like to look at other sea worthy brands. Any ideas?

2 on suite cabins is ideal, plus a workshop or spare cabin
Ta in advance

Hi, Well unless unless you are loaded/very very wealthy/stinking rich etc- FORGET the 50 footer. It will cost you an arm and a leg in berthing fees haul outs, deck work etc Need I say more. hmm perhaps not.

Good luck

Peter

jonic

www.jryachts.com
Hey there...
Yep, still blogging..getting myself sorted...lovely to see you..you guys inspire me heaps still.

Good to see you are still around and adventuring Maria. :)

Ferro forever, I've got a great one on the books......

.....and talking of books Nicola achieved her dream this year.

Enjoy your "retirement" :cool: you have an extraordinary life and the blog is always fascinating.

Fair winds

Last edited:

CodStewart

Visit site
Good to see you are still around and adventuring Maria. :)

Ferro forever, I've got a great one on the books......

.....and talking of books Nicola achieved her dream this year.

Enjoy your "retirement" :cool: you have an extraordinary life and the blog is always fascinating.

Fair winds

That's some boat! I didn't know that fc boats went for more than two pounds fifty.