3D Virtual Tour of Sant Carles Marina

Hurricane

Visit site
I've been playing with the drone again.
This time creating a 3D Virtual Tour of Sant Carles Marina.

Here is a link to it:-
http://www.scmchat.com/extraweb/pano/virtualtour.html

I have installed it on the Sant Carles Marina Forum (www.scmchat.com) so there is a header on the above link that implies you can click "Back" - that won't work if you use the above link.

I downloaded images using the DJI Go 4 App.
I could have touched them up using Photoshop but they seem good enough to leave as they are.
The drone takes 34 images and stitches them together to produce the full 3D image.
Some of the stitching hasn't completely worked but it is hardly noticeable so I am happy to leave it as it is.

The web software is written in Javascript and seems to work on mobile devices as well as desktops.

From the air, the marina doesn't look as full but it is quite busy here at the moment - the town's fiesta finished last weekend.
The photos were taken yesterday (29th July 2019) morning before anyone woke.
This kind of photography works best without any movement.
And we are just about to get the UK families out for their summer holidays!!!!

I hope you find the Virtual Tour interesting.

MapisM

Visit site
Wow, very professional indeed, well done! :encouragement:
JW is pretty easy to find, with her solar panels.
Besides, I wasn't aware that you have such large fishing boats fleet just round the corner.
Can you buy their catches directly?

Hurricane

Visit site
Wow, very professional indeed, well done! :encouragement:
JW is pretty easy to find, with her solar panels.
Besides, I wasn't aware that you have such large fishing boats fleet just round the corner.
Can you buy their catches directly?

I believe there are over 100 fishing boats based here.

If you click on the "From Sea" camera icon, I have just added an information point over a long concrete building.
This building houses a very modern fish market.
The catch arrives at about 17:30 every day.
Carts bring the catch to the top end of the concrete building where it is loaded onto a conveyor belt.
Once on the conveyor belt, tickets are dropped into the blue boxes/trays containing the fish.
A camera then scans each box/tray and presents the image of that catch on a large screen.
A price is then displayed on the screen.
The price then drops (a Dutch Auction).
Trade buyers then watch the screen and decide when they want to buy that particular tray/box.
The boxes/trays then proceed through the building where they are then loaded onto the appropriate transport (lorries are previously backed up against the building).
The catch is the "on its way" literally within minutes of it being landed.
It is a really interesting process that we can watch from a visitors gallery in the market.

In answer to your question, we cant buy directly from the market but local stores buy their fish from the market so we do get the freshly caught local produce.

Very different process than queuing at a hatch in a fishing vessel like we did with you in CF. :D

roa312

Visit site
Very nice tour of the marina - very interesting indeed after having read about it in your previous threads!

Doesn't work on my Mac, buggeration!

I'm on a macbook as well but it works just fine for me. According to the documentation there is full support for modern browsers (Safari 8+ and others). Maybe you just need to update the browser (although that might require an update of the operating system as well depending on when you last updated.

Hurricane

Visit site
Doesn't work on my Mac, buggeration!

I'm afraid that I'm not an Apple Man.
I even like to wash my hands after handling them.:D

Maybe use Chrome rather than Safari but I'm not even sure that Chrome works on Apples.
You can see that I don't really care either :D

I'm probably suffering from getting old (the Old Git Syndrome).
These days I don't even like or run Windows systems.
That probably makes me REALLY sad.
I am actually a great fan of Linux operating systems.
95% of what I need now runs under Linux - and much faster.
I use Linux Mint which has a good Windows 7 feel about it without all the nasty Windows 10 stuff.
I run several computers at home - servers and media centres etc. - all run Linux.
Linux is now driving my boat systems through the boat's PC.
Lots of Raspberry Pis (of course they run Linux - Raspbian) around.
And best of all - Linux is FREE

So, to recap I am a very happy miserable git.

Momac

Visit site
Very nice.
I hope to be there eventually when retired .... but my immediate plan is to keep working for a few years .