32. Carver

G

I would like to buy 32' Carver voyageur 1994 with twins crusaders 5.7L.the boat was in fresh water since new,engine hours 158.Any downs or ups for Carver. I would like coments please. Thank You Walter

G

I am not surprised that the engine hours are low - The fuel bill for petrol engined boats this size is about enough to meet the national debt! You are talking 40 gals per hour plus = fill ups costing probably £500 each time. If you can get her at a low price then it may be OK but remember that depending on where you use her, waterside petrol can be problematic. Carrying the amount of fuel required in in five gallon cans if you can't get it at a fuel pontoon is very wearing - I speak from experience. Maybe she could be converted to LPG which would be more economic. Also, remember that disposing of her in due course might be tricky - people mostly want boats over thirty ft to have diesels. Finally, there are few Carvers in my marina and they do not appear to aged as well as some other makes - rusting brightwork/generally tatty before their time.

Nick