30 ft sports cruiser

Covebay99

Visit site
Want to buy or trade up to a 30 footish boat, pref twin engine.
Limited choice of British Boats apart from Sealine.
Anyone recommend someting non UK at this size for sensible money?

andy59

Visit site
pleased with my Bavaria 30 sport , Good sea keeping , plenty of usable space , especialy the mid cabin . I only have single D4 300 as at the time some D3s had issues and most fishermen i know only have 1 engine plus half the maintenance and better fuel economy , but some around these parts may think its madness /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif may be not british quality but as good as american if not better IMHO and definetly better when sea chops up . /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Overdraught

Visit site
We have a Fairline Targa 30 (already suggested on here). Good sea boat, good space for the size. Economical(ish) with Kad 32's and fairly speedy.

Friend has a Sea Ray 315, single engine. Good space and build better than any other US boat (in my opinion) Price range suits this well and you'd get a newer boat than the Targa 30.

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Try a sunseeker superhawk 40,
should just about make it on your budget for 2001ish model.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 2001 Superhawk 40 for £70k? Are you sure? You might get a tired early 34 for somewhere not far north of that - but not a 40.

Cheers
Jimmy

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
A bit more info on what you're looking for would be useful, ie. how many you will have on board, day use or longer cruises, fast and sleek or big and spacious, diesel or petrol etc. However, look at Sessa, Gobbi, Cranchi, who all make good boats around that size. From Scandinavia you have the Windy 28 or 31, and some other more utilitarian choices. Then you have a plethora of North American boats, many of which come with diesels at 30' and over. Doral, Regal, Maxum, Bayliner, Chaparral, Four Winns, Larson, Sea Ray etc etc.

If you give us a bit more idea what you want, you'll get some better answers.

chrisalcock

Visit site
I've got a Larson 290 Cabrio and I've been thrilled to bits with it! The dealer at Littlehampton has new one for sale at £80k.

Covebay99

Visit site
Also, not sure about USA boats.
No personal knowledge of them but most British veteran boaters dont seem to rate them. This could be way off the mark but I hear it all the time re Monterays, Bayliners.
Again I have never helmed one of these boats and I dont want to offend anyone. In fact I think in general they are great looking boats but I am put off them by others views.

Nautorius

Visit site
Hi,

My favourites are the Doral Prestencia, Chapparal 290, Searay 315 and Cranchi 29 Giada. A bit leftfield but what about this Salpa HERE

Lots of great boats, what we need to know is the pros and cons for what you need

Paul /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Also, not sure about USA boats.
No personal knowledge of them but most British veteran boaters dont seem to rate them. This could be way off the mark but I hear it all the time re Monterays, Bayliners.

[/ QUOTE ] I'd still try a Sea Ray (OK - I would say that, wouldn't I? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif) You might be suprised both by the build quality and the seakeeping and handling; they're deeper Vee than many of their compatriots. Most of the stuff about Bayliner build quality relates to boats built 15 or 20 years ago. They're built to a price but they also benefit from economies of scale. People often talk about US "Lake Boats" but you should see the conditions you get in some of the Lakes /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Probably too small for you, but you might get a previously enjoyed Windy Ghibli for £70k?

Covebay99

Visit site
Salpa looks quite cool actually.

My checklist for a 30ft boat?

Twin diesals
Bow Thruster
Safe side deck access to bow
Canopy or hard top
No strange exterior colours
No groovy interior colours
Blue hulls and teak decks are good
High engine hours are OK if the boat has been cared for

Covebay99

Visit site
A boat I really like is the Sea Ray 315.
However there seems to be very few in the secondhand listings. Really nice with a blue hull.

Covebay99

Visit site
Yeah
You see loads in Spain, Marbella Marine are, as Im sure you know, the European agents and their headquarters are in Marbella. We go on holiday there sometimes and there are really nice SeaRays of all sizes. Small ones are great for beach hops.