2nd Oostende roll call

wingdiver

WWW.MYSPACE.COM
Hi
We are still planning to go. It's all still dependent upon new masts being fitted and tested by then. Oh, and new sails arriving and being OK too.

Of course, I have the utmost faith in the UK marine industry! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

We should be leaving late Thu night/early hours of Fri and should arrive sometime Fri - depends on tides.
We'll probably be there for most of the weekend and will head off up the coast on the rest of our weeks hols when the rest have departed.
Cheers
D

D3B

www.cutting-solutions.co.uk
Depart Lowestoft 09.45 Bridge lift 26/05
Arrive Oostende 14.45 (approx) 26/05
I hope you guys are sure there will be enough room for me, otherwise I might have to sneak off into the Mercator /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Depart Oostende dependant on the weather and the destination of other forumites. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Return to UK towards the end of the week again dependant on the weather.
I have long time friend crewing who has yet to have a sea trip on Still Dunno, so hope its not too bouncy. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Must get my (Haydns) flaggie thing sorted out too /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Doug

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]

I hope you guys are sure there will be enough room for me, otherwise I might have to sneak off into the Mercator /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The Mercator is not an option that week-end - strictly Ostend @ Anchor participants only.
They're even moving out some permanent berth holders to make room.

D3B

www.cutting-solutions.co.uk
thats all right

now you have your monster ocean going yacht i should be able to tie up across your transom. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

your beam is probably near to my length /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i actually thought the race was into oostende...thats why i was concerned about the space. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]

It also coincides with the Annual RNSYC race to Ramsgate, so some of the racer type folks will be away....

[/ QUOTE ]

Not this year - according to RNSYC RO:
Ostend - Ramsgate: 17/05
Ramsgate - Ostend: 19/05
Ascension Day Bank Holiday in Belgium

Laurin

Visit site
Well Vreny is back on the water (Or should we say mud as she is only actually floating at HW +/-1 until the weekend when we move her up to Burnham). Unfortunatley the old girl won't be going to Oostende as we need all the holiday we can save for later in the year. Still hoping to hitch a lift on Solene with Chris and Anne if they decide to go. (Last I heard Anne had renewed her passport "just in case" )

Hope to see you all there.

By the way, Vreny is in Bridgemarsh at the moment and we are more than pleasantly surprised at the place. Might be a good place for a meet later in the season - there's some space for a BBQ but would probably have to be neap tides for the 40' newcomer:)