2nd hand boat prices

G

Browsing through a few european web sites i can't help noticing that 2nd hand boat prices are up to a third cheaper than most equivalent boats here. Another example of 'rip off Britain'?
Most of them seem to be Mediterranean based, I have found a few private adds for some boats (tempting!) in Northern France and am keen to locate a few boats here as it would be simpler to sail one home. Has anyone any tips/information on brokers along the north french coast? particularly any that can deal with my enquiry in English. Ta.

Castletine

Visit site
Can't comment on 'rip off britain' statement, though by and large I agree.

I've just purchased a Yacht in France and she's currently moored South of Paris with Simon Evans in Sens. Simon is mad about wooden boats, so if that's what you're looking for then call him on +33 38 56 53 466

As far as the prices are concerned, I believe it's all down to convenience of purchase.

Happy hunting

G

Did have a casual look (St Malo area) whilst on hols last sept.

Seemed a bit pricey to me, but was just a very quick look.

PBO did an article in Feb2001 (No.410) titled "Why not buy a boat in France?" which features the "Le Mille Sabords" (www.lemillesabords.com) which is a huge bring-and-buy cum boat-jumble held near Morbhian every October/November (1200 boats on sale last year).

Article helpful, if you have trouble finding a back issue, post here and I can run it over the 'copier.

The Mille Sabords web site is quite comprehensive, but in french of course! (Oh - i've just had a look and thee's an English version.)

regards,
Rich.

G

RichB Thanks for the web site tip, looks interesting. It would be great if you could copy me the PBO article. Will you e-mail it or do you need my fax no? fax is 0113 242 3687 cheers!

G

Copy PBO?

This is a PBO forum!!!

I'm sorry, I couldn't consider plaigarising the fine publication, but I'll see you down the Ship&Anchor in 30 mins. I'll be the one carrying a copy of PBO!

Cheers,
Rich

;-)