2008 Season

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
You can tell it is a wet & miserable day as I have just sumarised my 2008 season and the boat is not ashore yet. I am amazed at the results.

2008 - 33 nights on board and 762nm logged (well probably GPS'ed as log has been weed bound most season!) but does include a 200 mile trip on another boat too.

What has surprised me most is that over the 5 years I have had Flipper 2008 is the highest number of nights aboard and second highest distance. The highest distance was last year but included 400 miles on someone elses boat.

Of these totals the family spent 1 night onboard and sailed with me for 20 miles! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I think I can honestly say that the distance covered was 'despite' the weather!

MoodySabre

Visit site
I have only broken one record this year. This reflects destinatons rather than nervousness due to unreliable weather.

We got through two loo rolls on the boat /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eastcoastbernie

www.ritzystitches.com
Must start keeping a proper log /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sorry, I don't mean you, I mean me!

I'm really rubbish at log keeping. If I get the book out at all, and I don't always, I put the date in in and the day's weather forecast and who I have on board. Then I might put down when we left. If it's just a little trip, that might be the last entry. A trip that's a bit longer, and there might be the odd lat and long, or a time when we had a particular landmark or nav bouy on the beam. Occasionally I write down when we tied up (but not always!). Only variation to this in when we do a North Sea crossing or are out of sight of land, when I mark down lat and longs every hour and plot the position on the chart.

What's more, I don't have one of them fancy all printed up log books either. I just use an A5 hand backed exercise book. Oh dear, now I've revealed my guilty secret. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

AliM

Visit site
90 nights and 1700NM in 2008, and I'd expect another 10 nights and 100+NM before the end of the year. That means that we've sailed nearly 20 miles for each night on board. The surprising thing is that the mileage is almost the same as each of the last 3 years, despite the miserable weather this year. I suppose that's because we've been less wimpish about setting out in high wind, snow, driving rain, etc than we used to be.

peterb

Visit site
As some of you know, I sail a club boat. At the start of the season she had logged 15005 miles in 3 years; at (almost) the end of this season she had 20356 miles on the clock. So this season was slightly above average.

Incidentally, I had fun by taking her to Peenemunde this year. It's a generation thing; few people under 60 know where it is, but anyone over 70 with any technical background knows about it.

Auntie Helen

Visit site
I'm 37 and know about Peenemünde (and would rather like to visit it) so p'raps it's not a generation thing. I'm not technical either. I imagine the sailing is rather nice around that part of the world too, it's a long-term plan to maybe have a season with our boat in Lübeck/Travemünde, Rostock, Usedom or some such place.