1GM10 ADJUSTMENT

G

Please can anyone tell me what the adjuster under the domed nut below the injection pump on my Yanmar 1GM10 does, there is no sealing wire on it and the engine seems to be over fueling at high revs but I don`t want to adjust it as it may be unrelated to my problem.
thanks

pete

G

You would be wise to leave it alone, its the no-load revs limiter and factory adjusted. It limites the revs of the engine in case of load failure i.e. shaft or prop falling off.

Bilgediver

Visit site
Beware....

What do you mean by over fuels...DIesel engines are controlled by the amount of fuel allowed to be pumped to the injectors.....More fuel engine goes faster...less fuel engine goes slower...All quite simple.

However the 1 gm isn t a great big 100 HP work horse so if you get over enthusiastic about trying to make the boat go faster then the engine may complain....not reach full revs, and smoke a bit...You don t need any sophisticated domed nuts to fix this,,,the answer is in your hands..or should be!!!! You back off the throttle till the smoke clears and the cooling water runs clear!

Many 25/30 ft sail boats are fitted with engines that are in a state of overload when heading into the weather or operated at full speed and the only fix is to slow down to the point the engine is no longer overloaded.

John