1905 Colin Archer in need of restoration.

jerrytug

N/A
Visit site
Hi guys there is a 1905, Larvik built, Colin Archer inshore fishing boat, in the UK, in need of keel-up restoration. It is actually a rare survivor compared to the more common redningskoites, and much more manageable at about 35' + bowsprit.

Supposedly a gaff cutter, but it would have had a steadying sail at the arse end probably I reckon.

Internal ballast only.

Drawings in the Oslo marime museum apparently.
I have no connection, just spreading the word..

Anyone interested PM me. Don't all rush at once ;)

Last edited:

Wansworth

Visit site
I knew a boatbuilder who started such a restoration.... he showed me the original bit of the boat.. part of one futtock if I recall ,still he learnt a lot on the way and gained employment in a boatyard on the strength of his work.

jerrytug

N/A
Visit site
I knew a boatbuilder who started such a restoration.... he showed me the original bit of the boat.. part of one futtock if I recall ,still he learnt a lot on the way and gained employment in a boatyard on the strength of his work.

Ha ha futtock !
Marihona (Norwegian for ladybird) is 60 years old and completely original, apart from a couple of galley re-arrangements over the decades. I have refreshed the running rigging, as you do.

Wilkinson's Sailmakers have made me a reaching stays'l, the only item what was lacking.

An old boy passed by the other day, and said "I like that boat, I was anchored next to her in 1971, in Jamaica."

The 40 year old Volvo engine starts on the button, and pushes her along at hull speed without breaking sweat.

So just because a boat is old, does not automatically mean it's completely c unted. ;) with all due respects.

cheers Jerry

Last edited:

Wansworth

Visit site
Ha ha futtock !
Marihona (Norwegian for ladybird) is 60 years old and completely original, apart from a couple of galley re-arrangements over the decades. I have refreshed the running rigging, as you do.

Wilkinson's Sailmakers have made me a reaching stays'l, the only item what was lacking.

An old boy passed by the other day, and said "I like that boat, I was anchored next to her in 1971, in Jamaica."

The 40 year old Volvo engine starts on the button, and pushes her along at hull speed without breaking sweat.

So just because a boat is old, does not automatically mean it's completely c unted. ;) with all due respects.

cheers Jerry

Sorry I misunderstood I thought you wrote it was in need of restoration..

jerrytug

N/A
Visit site
Maud, 1905, Built as a fishing boat by Colin Archer yd in 1905, had a vivier tank at some point. She was converted in to a yacht in '66.
The owner is on f*cebook, Kit French, if anyone is interested, cheers Jerry

There is a FB group called Gaff Rig Boats Worldwide by the way

Last edited: