12v socket

NGM

Visit site
I have this socket on my boat but haven't ever seen a plug that fits - any suggestions ?

d681e53ee9046c703acd453844c61358_zpsvarq7ks1.jpg

Vanilla

Visit site
Hi
I've got one of those type on my rag and stick boat. Originally fitted by the builder as I asked for a higher power socket to be installed to use with a dinghy inflator. Think it is called a Marinco Hubbell or something similar?? Good socket as the plug gets twisted into place so won't accidentally get knocked out, unlike typical 12v car plugs.

Last edited:

NGM

Visit site
Hi
I've got one of those type on my rag and stick boat. Originally fitted by the builder as I asked for a higher power socket to be installed to use with a dinghy inflator. Think it is called a Marinco Hubbell or something similar?? Good socket as the plug gets twisted into place so won't accidentally get knocked out, unlike typical 12v car plugs.

this was installed for that exact reason but my inflators and other devices all have the typical car plugs, I'll change it.

NGM

Visit site
I think I'd leave the existing socket as it is and create a short plug-in lead with a female cigarette lighter socket on the end of it.

yes that's prob the best plan, odd to fit given very few end appliances have a compatible fitting

Alpha22

Visit site
They are far superior to cig lighters..... the plug locks in and won't vibrate/fall/get pulled out.

The usual reason for fitting one on a UK boat is to run an electric dinghy pump........ particularly the LVM one. These can draw 25A which would melt any cig lighter socket almost instantly. They are mean devices and will have your dinghy up in seconds!! http://www.nrs.com/product/1707/lvm-inflator-pump