Work Boat

Q

quimby

Now re-floated. Met new member to show him the moorings and decided to check out the work boat.It looked pretty bad but the mud was only to the transom and about 4 feet inboard.
After sliding down the mud bank in the dinghy we got to work with shovels, being hampered by a stream rivulet running by the side then into the boat. One pushing the water away and one clearing the mud, we gained on the problem then we noted a taught rope from an old mooring snagged over one of the link pin brackets that were used to join these boats together to form river crossing ramps by the army.The snag was stopping the boat from rising. Snag cleared, and the tide came in and up she came.Job done. Photos later.

graham

Visit site
shovelling mud sounds like a good initiation for your new member /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifMarina based yachties miss out on all the fun. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Q

quimby

I did say it was part of the Bristol Chanel initiation, He said he quite enjoyed the experience,(???) There could be an opening here for Mud Wrestling. I am sure we would get more visitors.Which reminds me of the time the skipper of Voyager on joining the club, sailed up from Avonmouth and on entering the Pill at hw. a group of nubile skinny dippers ran down the pontoon and dived ito the clear blue waters, His remark was as he crashed into the opposite pontoon `` This is fantastic, are they members?
They were actually Hippies Remember them? Weird dresses and funny cigarettes. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif