Volvo Penta Technical Support

Would you support a "green tax" on aviation even if you were then unable to afford to fly as frequen

• Total voters

sailingPearl

Visit site
volvo penta 39

I just bought this outboard motor, volvo penta 39 sail. I should have realized there was a problem with it when I first bought it, but I was just stupidly excited to get my first boat in the water. So now I am stuck with this motor that will only run for about 15 seconds before cutting out. There is not much of a problem restarting the thing, but it just won't keep running. I took it to the small motor guys and they told me it was a carburetor problem and I needed to get a kit in order to replace the inner parts of it. My question, after explaining my saga, is that I can not find the parts or any one who has ever even heard of this kind of outboard motor. Where do I find parts for this mysterious volvo penta 39 motor?

tillergirl

Visit site
Re: volvo penta 39

I would start a new post with this question with a different title - something like Carb Kit for a Volvo Penta 39. Once something is no longer on the first page, people don't view the threads as frequently nor are changes in subject picked up.

Scroll down this page to the Volvo/Archimedes Penta 39 - see http://www.nymansuppsala.se/hemsidan/marin-filer/bmarinmodeller.htm
Not in English but enough if it is this engine to suggest you are dealing with an engine achieving vintage status!

jamesensor

Visit site
I would like to thank those who have assisted me in sending the Volvo Penta instructions for winterisation. It is plain that RK Marine did not follow them. Perhaps others will appreciate that it is not worth paying a premium to have a Volvo dealer rather than an independent carry out engine work and that a Boatyard cannot be left to remove anti-fouling from a boat unsupervised. AB Volvo Penta in Sweden is now investigating the matter but I shall also of course be pursuing litigation with enough solid evidence to be sure of winning. I have not lost a case in my career.

gandy

Aberdeenshire (quite far from the Solent)
Visit site
I just wondered something. Maybe your engine person used a hose into the cooling water intake to flush the engine during winterising. A bit of carelessness could easily result in overfilling the exhaust.

More likely than the pressure washer "accidentally" spraying its full output up the exhaust for five whole minutes.

Will_M

Visit site
On the merits of this post, one thing is for sure as certain conclusion..

Never have any dealings with one jamesensor!

I am sure that “Mr Tulloch” would be amused as to your spelling and confusion of christen name versus surname.

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Aeolus

Visit site
Aeolus, would you please be able to send me a copy please? My email is hspeakman7@gmail.com
Thanks, Heather
Hi Heather
I'd love to help and I've searched every storage device I have but no trace of the brochure. I suspect that I may have deleted all my VP files when I replaced the engine with a Beta back in 2012. The orginal posts in this thread date from 2007.

billyfish

Visit site
A lot to be said for doing the servicing yourself as I do . It's only a internal combustion engine ...not rocket science. But I would probably have a go at that as well.