Volvo penta kad44 only revs to 1200rpm

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Brand new Bosch pump
I remember reading in a few places that the injection pumps need to be calibrated as per Volvo Penta's specs. You can't just buy a Bosch pump off the shelf and expect it to work. It seems to have caught people out in the past. Common sense would suggest that this could cause the very lumpy running that you are seeing.

VolvoPaul, what do you think?

Perry8007

Visit site
I remember reading in a few places that the injection pumps need to be calibrated as per Volvo Penta's specs. You can't just buy a Bosch pump off the shelf and expect it to work. It seems to have caught people out in the past. Common sense would suggest that this could cause the very lumpy running that you are seeing.

Hi it has been set up as a Volvo pump
Cheers

Seastoke

Visit site
It does make you wonder if there is a business in buying complete new engines and breaking them immediately for spares ! Injection kit is expensive
I have friend who breaks bikes he is also main dealers , he says he can break a bike and make more than a new sale.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk

Only difference with VE electronic pump is fuel delivery amount as rpm / load Bever or relation is edc controlled , the merc pump would have given it the same power , slightly more as the merc pump gives 250hp.

Perry007

Visit site
Only difference with VE electronic pump is fuel delivery amount as rpm / load Bever or relation is edc controlled , the merc pump would have given it the same power , slightly more as the merc pump gives 250hp.
Hi Paul how are you going
Finally we have got the boat going the stop solenoid was wired the wrong way around
Runs and starts good but only revs to 3500 I don’t think it’s been set up as a Volvo pump
Would you have the pumps flow rates and fuel rate at wot
I think wot revs are 3950
Thanks perry

Perry007

Visit site
Hi guys we are still having problems
We have put the new injector pump on and has been running with the borrowed brain
We got our new brain today and have put it on. It flashed a code 8.3 calibration which we have done so now we turn the key on and push the active button and the neutral light comes on
We turn the key to start engine fires and runs for a few seconds then stops will not keep running.we then put the other brain back in and it starts up and runs fine
We are not getting any codes coming up
The new brain number is 3819874 all the way from Sweden
Any help would be great
Thanks perry

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Hi guys we are still having problems
We have put the new injector pump on and has been running with the borrowed brain
We got our new brain today and have put it on. It flashed a code 8.3 calibration which we have done so now we turn the key on and push the active button and the neutral light comes on
We turn the key to start engine fires and runs for a few seconds then stops will not keep running.we then put the other brain back in and it starts up and runs fine
We are not getting any codes coming up
The new brain number is 3819874 all the way from Sweden
Any help would be great
Thanks perry
Perry, what series of KAD44P is yours? A, B or C?