The Spy Who Loved Me

tamarix

Visit site
I'm fairly sure she is in the same place (unfortunately ) in much the same state. I will defiantly check next time I'm there.

Rokkomelon

Visit site
I don't want to revive a dead post, but I do believe this boat still exists based on Google Earth satellite images of the marina at which she resides (Shepperton as mentioned in a previous reply). Good to know she still seems to exist in some form. I truly wish I could take such a project on myself and restore her to her former glory, would make an epic tender. As Sir Roger Moore said: 'Such lovely lines.'Screenshot 2023-10-21 123603-min.png
Note that she is the middle vessel, I have identified her based on the black section along her stern and the distinctly small sunlight she has for her forward cabin. I hope the community can somehow save this beautiful ship.

Chris_d

Visit site
I don't want to revive a dead post, but I do believe this boat still exists based on Google Earth satellite images of the marina at which she resides (Shepperton as mentioned in a previous reply). Good to know she still seems to exist in some form. I truly wish I could take such a project on myself and restore her to her former glory, would make an epic tender. As Sir Roger Moore said: 'Such lovely lines.'View attachment 166269
Note that she is the middle vessel, I have identified her based on the black section along her stern and the distinctly small sunlight she has for her forward cabin. I hope the community can somehow save this beautiful ship.
That's not the one, it's in the yard opposite Shepperton lock which used to be Nauticalia, still there I think at this location 51.3833625, -0.4581971 on Google maps.

Rokkomelon

Visit site
That's not the one, it's in the yard opposite Shepperton lock which used to be Nauticalia, still there I think at this location 51.3833625, -0.4581971 on Google maps.
Fair enough and many thanks for your response, in terms of lines you would be equally right, but I still think the boat is at Shepperton because it has the black center section at the stern. Also, when looking at the image posted in this thread on 25 Jan 2018, it seems the boat is laid up with a body of water behind it, behind which we find trees, which corresponds to what I am seeing on Google Earth at Shepperton Marina. When I look at the length, both are correct (37ft) but the Shepperton boat has the correct black section at the top of the hull, along its length and I seem to perceive (albeit a long shot) that it also has the black horizontal stripes along its stern.

Despite that, the boat at the location you mention would also fit the bill in terms of shape and size.

Images of Shepperton Boat (51.39211710638209, -0.4299100801086123):
Screenshot 2023-10-21 123603-min.png
Note the black section aft, small cabin skylight and (not so clear) seemingly discoloured windscreen.
Screenshot 2023-10-21 153117-min.png
Note the black edge where the hull meets the top section along the entire length of the boat, and also the black sections aft.
Screenshot 2023-10-21 153123-min.png
Same black sections here, also note the fact that the steering position (cockpit) is more forward than the other boat, typical of earlier boat models (like the boat in the movie).
Screenshot 2023-10-21 153129-min.png
The clearest image of the aft, note the horizontal 'lines' at the stern and the black central section.
Screenshot 2023-10-21 153209-min.png
This boat is placed with a body of water at its stern, as in the image from 2018. Behind the water, there is a treeline, as in images.

Images of other Boat (51.3833625, -0.4581971):
Screenshot 2023-10-21 153141-min.png
Note the completely white hull (as far as visible) and more aft cockpit position).
Screenshot 2023-10-21 153151-min.png
No black sections or stripes.
Screenshot 2023-10-21 153158-min.png
A field standing behind the boat.

I just really hope somebody has the courage to take on this project properly and renovate this boat to its former beauty, it truly deserves it. Imagine the Hotel Cala Di Volpe using the vessel as their tender, for the true 007 experience ;).

Alicatt

Visit site
I know that one of the boats is Peri (Long cabin huntress fitted out by Lallows) and another is Here and Now, both still around, I'm not sure of the identity of the other 3.

The all white Bond getaway Huntress is not the one that was in the motorboat museum at Basildon, the Basildon boat was ex Navy and a mock up of the film boat.

No boats were destroyed, the fires were shot in a tank using mock ups.
One of the boats was pretty fire damaged, it was one of the details that has stuck in my mind when I seen them after them being filmed at Crinan, seen it getting loaded onto a lowloader before being transported off south.
My father found out about the filming was going to be done at Crinan so he took me to see it, I was 8 at the time, later we went to see the film in the cinema and I put two and two together realising those were the boats I had seen.