• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

Swinging moorings....overnight stays.

Mark-1

(iv) to avoid injury or illness

"I had to anchor in the middle of nowhere to avoid COVID19 - my family or neighbours may have it."

Rightly or wrongly I think this genie is out of the bottle. People are staying overnight on boats in large numbers, I don't see it stopping.

DJE

Fixed penalty is £30 if paid within 14 days. Less than a night in a marina!

DJE

So anchor with no risk of spreading the virus and help out the cash-strapped local authorities. Quite public-spirited when you think about it. 😁

JumbleDuck

Hi Jumbleduck, could you PM me as if possible, I'd like to ask you about Port Bannatyne marina . Sorry, as a new member here it seems I either don't have rights to PM or (far more likely) am failing the technological competence test. Thanks
Sorry - I don't think I can PM you until you have done whatever it takes for you to be able to PM me. I've just tried!

Kivu G

Sorry - I don't think I can PM you until you have done whatever it takes for you to be able to PM me. I've just tried!
Thanks for trying - I'll check again with the Forum admin to see if they can tell me what I'm doing wrong