St Malo Restaurants

Sailfree

Visit site
Want to get some brownie points from SWMBO for our anniversary.

Can anyone recommend good restaurants open for Sunday evening in St Malo. Is there one that has a Michelin star?

raquet

Visit site
Le Bistro de Jean, 6 Rue de la Corne de Cerf. Not a tourist trap. Excellent food at a decent price. Good wine list - not over-priced. Personally I avoid the Duchess Anne - it makes money from its position. Food is very over-priced. It lives off tourists. There is also A Logis de France by the Porte St Pierre - I think the hotel is called the Porte St Pierre. Its seafood is fantastic.

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
Le Robert Surcouf, Rue de Toulouse, in the Intra Muros. Looks a bit naff from the outside, and away from the main restaurant streets so a bit of a walk, but very good. M. le Proprietaire used to work at the Tour D'Argent. Pas cher as well.

Genie

Visit site
Try L'Astrolabe - if it's still there it's starched tablecloths and classic french style food/service.
Had a fabulous meal there a few years back.
Don't go into the Toucan/Guinness bar (forget the name of it adjacent to Les Anges nightclub) as it's about £4 a pint. Eek.

georgeo

Visit site
le Chalut near the Mairie. Wonderful sea food, reasonably priced, but you would have to book. The 2 restaurants at Port st pierre are also good. Avoid Duchesse Ann and all restaurants in that row. Tourist traps. Get drunk afterwards in the 'Pulpit bar'

Visit site
Well, there was one a few years ago..

It was called L'Atre and it was near to the "Tour Solodor" (The tower on all the postcards) near the Bas Sablonnes Marina (the one outside the locks)

Fantastic food. Where all the locals went. Family run but ever so slightly "Posh"

Steve Cronin

kengill

Visit site
Is there something wrong with having the intelligence to obtain a good position?

Or are you one of those people who always moan that they should have had the chance to have the position and life's unfair etc

Whenever I have dined at A La Duchesse Anne I have always enjoyed excellent cuisine, perfect service and the assistance of a very helpful Maitresse D'hotel.

And yes I have been back at least once whenever we end up in St.Malo. But I've also had other excellent meals at various restaurants in St.Malo - But none can compare with the night one October when our crew were the only diners in one of the cheaper restaurants near the Est Porte when the front door opened and a female american voice shouted out - "There's lots of people here so come on" ... 34 American females between the ages of 18 and 21 then walked in for dinner .

We introduced them to the ancient British custom of the Birthday lady being soundly kissed by each male in the restaurant etc etc and invited them back to the boat for a party - bang went the duty frees for the following day and the forecabin did sterling service!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jimbaerselman

www.jimbsail.info
Not a michelin star, but an entertaining place is 'Le Bourgnafesse' - unless it's proprietor has changed in the last three years. Travel around the E wall from Duchesse Anne for about 300 metres, tack inland about 50 metres. My site has the address.

If you Duchesse Anne you'll often have to book. Phone no on my site too.