Skipper wanted.

Chris1961

Visit site
Week commencing Monday 4th October to Skipper a Nicholson 32 MK 10 from Southampton to Preston.
New owner as crew.
All January 2021 survey issues rectified by boatyard, details available.

Gary Fox

N/A
Visit site
Week commencing Monday 4th October to Skipper a Nicholson 32 MK 10 from Southampton to Preston.
New owner as crew.
All January 2021 survey issues rectified by boatyard, details available.
Hi, how flexible are you? The weather in Oct. is likely to be changeable, and delays are almost inevitable. It might be an idea to get a quote from a couple of yacht delivery companies, to get a hint how much this might cost. It would be a knackering, , and arguably unwise, trip with only two, a third experienced crew member would make it light work.
What's her name? The remaining Nic's are generally well known.

Chris1961

Visit site
Hi, how flexible are you? The weather in Oct. is likely to be changeable, and delays are almost inevitable. It might be an idea to get a quote from a couple of yacht delivery companies, to get a hint how much this might cost. It would be a knackering, , and arguably unwise, trip with only two, a third experienced crew member would make it light work.
What's her name? The remaining Nic's are generally well known.
Hi Gary,
Spindrift of Dartmouth.
I have a friend who is experienced and happy to skip for me, but if he has to bail for any reason it would be good to have a back-up.
I'm quite flexible although the trial sail is booked for the 3rd / 4th of October and I would prefer not to intrude on the hospitality extended by her present marina by an unreasonable degree. The 'other' option if I can't get her sailed to her new home is to look for a berth on the South coast and move her at a later date.

UPDATE....Looking at the forecast this trip is definitely postponed :|

Last edited:

philwebb

Visit site
Hi Gary,
Spindrift of Dartmouth.
I have a friend who is experienced and happy to skip for me, but if he has to bail for any reason it would be good to have a back-up.
I'm quite flexible although the trial sail is booked for the 3rd / 4th of October and I would prefer not to intrude on the hospitality extended by her present marina by an unreasonable degree. The 'other' option if I can't get her sailed to her new home is to look for a berth on the South coast and move her at a later date.

UPDATE....Looking at the forecast this trip is definitely postponed :|

Other threads that may be of interest