• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

IN ADDITION it seems that conspiracy theories are finding their way onto the forum. This is not the place for such content. Users who post it may find their access limited or permanently suspended. Please leave it where you find it.

Sestrel gimballed compass 13cm dia

eebygum

Sestrel gimballed compass by Henry Browne & Son; 13cm diameter across the compass face, 18xm across the gimballs.

The glass has no significant scratches and all the faces are clear to read. There is no loss of liquid, with the air bubble clearly visible. There are two brass brackets (one was used for attaching the compass in the cockpit, another for the saloon).

The compass was taken off in working order from my 1973 SHE 32C. DCEAD736-0204-4C8E-9AE2-B37958E31947.jpeg4BD55638-3360-47BF-BA86-97C2FAC527BA.jpeg59CE69D3-C230-4507-AB13-F7FBAD003123.jpeg

£25 including secure packaging with MyHermes to UK only (and for the avoidance of doubt that includes NI but I’m not filling out any damn custom forms)

ltcom

If I may........ don't bother to attempt to fix the small bubble....... it will not interfere with the compass card.......but it will allow the compass to act as a thermometer {unless there is a diaphragm that is working}. I have a compass with a small bubble and at about 22 degrees C it vanishes and below that it grows in size. I could calibrate it and hang a piece of card next to it, but have not got around to that yet.

cagey

That was fun, finally paid
Keith
please confirm it arrived it wasn’t easy