Ooooohhh! Posh or what?!

photodog

Lord High Commander of Upper Broughton and Gunthor
Visit site
Checked out the re-furbed heads at Shotley!

Still not fixed the nite-mirrors over the bogs I noted... but dead posh!

Look Great!

Faux marble walls and little seats in the showers......

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
Checked out the re-furbed heads at Shotley!

Still not fixed the nite-mirrors over the bogs I noted... but dead posh!

Look Great!

Faux marble walls and little seats in the showers......

Sounds great !

Can you tie up next to them or do you still have to use the lock ?

photodog

Lord High Commander of Upper Broughton and Gunthor
Visit site
Sounds great !

Can you tie up next to them or do you still have to use the lock ?

errrr.. I dont think you could ever tie up next to them!!

I have to say... with the refurbed block... plus the spotless ones in the main block with the baths.... Shotley has got to have the best loo's of any marina that I have been to anywere....

:D

ChattingLil

Visit site
I suppose you get what you pay for - at Bridgemarsh we are content with one bog in a portakabin, and lights that go off after 2 minutes. It's a well learned skill to be able to shower and wash ones hair and get dried and dressed in the pitch dark.... :D

Elemental

Visit site
Agreed, I was there on Sunday and I'm very impressed.

Actually, I'm very happy with Shotley overall since I moved there last season. Notwithstanding that marinas are expensive - I think Shotley is a very good example of a marina that provides great facilities to its clients. Other marinas would do well to take note.

Croc

Visit site
Best loos ever? Maybe I cannot comment because I have never seen them.
The best I have seen are at the Royal St George YC Dun Laoghaire , Dublin ...built just before the money ran out.

Leighb

Visit site
Shotley has got to have the best loo's of any marina that I have been to anywere....

:D

What about Chatham? Those are I believe the best we have visited on the East Coast, altho' I will grant the bath, that may well be unique in marinas.

Vamoose

www.flickr.com
Could this be the start of a new thread ?

Some of the more mature contributors to this discussion may remember comic actor Jonathon Routh's humerous but accurate Good Loo Guide published in around 1965.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Routh

Perhaps we should have a similar online tome for yotties heads & shower facilities.

All we need know is suggestions for a name to the thread !!!

1. The good marina bog guide ....I know thats a pathetic suggestion but the best I could come up with ! So if anyone can come up with something better, carry on.

2 ??

Colvic Watson

Visit site
I agree they are very good, but annoyingly not open 24hrs a day, if shut there are just 2 WCs available for the whole marina.

Is the key code access not 24hr? Actually I think you're right it's not. I suppose if it locks after 10pm most people are on their boats with facilities there? Maybe that's why they're so clean, no nighttime use :eek: