Old M T B in Milton Creek

steadyeddy

Visit site
I am trying to find out what happened to a old M T B I am afraid this happened years the army cadets used it for training when we as lads was given 303 rifles to carry .It was tied up in Milton Creek in Sittingbourne.

Visit site
I am trying to find out what happened to a old M T B I am afraid this happened years the army cadets used it for training when we as lads was given 303 rifles to carry .It was tied up in Milton Creek in Sittingbourne.
Was this in the 80's? Did she disappear from the creek, towed away by an ancient lighterage tug named 'Sheen'?
Because I think we 'rescued' her, and, in tandem with a British Powerboat Company Air Sea Rescue Launch named 'Thais', towed her up the river to Nine Elms.
The DD mahogany goes brittle with age and sad to say, they are no more, AFAIK.
Sheen's still afloat and running..just..

steadyeddy

Visit site
Was this in the 80's? Did she disappear from the creek, towed away by an ancient lighterage tug named 'Sheen'?
Because I think we 'rescued' her, and, in tandem with a British Powerboat Company Air Sea Rescue Launch named 'Thais', towed her up the river to Nine Elms.
The DD mahogany goes brittle with age and sad to say, they are no more, AFAIK.
Sheen's still afloat and running..just..

steadyeddy

Visit site
Thank you for the reply I cannot remember the year but I believe it was before the 80s as I do not think there could be more than one MTB in the creek .