Levington Lightship

Dazedkipper

Visit site
Is the resturant in the lightship (HPYC) still open? I went to the marina one evening last week and there was a barrier over the road and no obvious way in...I assumed the HPYC isn't open to road going visitors?

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
Think you will find that the barrier comes down every night.

There is a way of lifting it known to berth holders.

I think the deer know it too.

BAtoo

Visit site
Is the resturant in the lightship (HPYC) still open? I went to the marina one evening last week and there was a barrier over the road and no obvious way in...I assumed the HPYC isn't open to road going visitors?

Bar opening times here:- http://www.hpyc.com/barTime.html

Like most clubs open to "visiting yachtsmen & members guests".

Barrier down each night. If need be you can park outside & walk the 100m or so to the club.

nauticalnomad

Visit site
Think you will find that the barrier comes down every night.

There is a way of lifting it known to berth holders.

I think the deer know it too.

I caught a taxi from Cambridge to Levington one evening first time id ever been there and the taxi driver from an hour away knew where the "secret" opener was.
So i dont think its so much of a secret

BAtoo

Visit site
I caught a taxi from Cambridge to Levington one evening first time id ever been there and the taxi driver from an hour away knew where the "secret" opener was.
So i dont think its so much of a secret

From the website:
Marina Security

December update: changes are pending - keep a watch here or listen out for news.

Just a note to let you know that access arrangements have changed at the harbour. If you are not aware call in at the chandlery to receive the new information.

I believe there should be a code keypad coming into operation...:eek:

But the other evening, when the barrier was down, I just pressed the "secret" button......;);)