LANDERS @ Haslar??????????????????

Koolie

Visit site
I am coming in today to Haslar, and I am having two boats and twenty peoples for lunch and drinkies, we went to Landers at three O'clock, and it was being shut????

Whats all this then? On a Bank Holiday Monday???? They were opoen earlier?

I have heard that they are holding on by the skin of their teeth, have they gone already??

Isaac. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Seven Spades

Visit site
There is never anything to eat at either the Mary Mouse 2 or Landers between 3 and 6pm. It is the only downer to Haslar, catering arrangements are poor. However, when Landers is serving food it is very good and I eat there often. Haslar maring need to review the terms of the leases when it comes to renewl, I know of no other South Coast where you can't get good food all day.

curve

Visit site
Landers does serves food all day but when I tried to order something off the menu at 5pm the only things they had available were a few pastries and cakes.

BlueChip

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

I am coming in today to Haslar, and I am having two boats and twenty peoples for lunch and drinkies, we went to Landers at three O'clock, and it was being shut????

Whats all this then? On a Bank Holiday Monday???? They were opoen earlier?

I have heard that they are holding on by the skin of their teeth, have they gone already??

Isaac. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was in your shoes and was arriving somewhere with 20 people who needed feeding, I would make sure I had a booking first. I think most people get the ferry over to Gunwharf Quays to eat, you would be spoilt for choice there.

AlJones

atsailing.com
I use Landers all the time!

Its a great meeting place for our clients, I have always had nothing but good service from all the boys and girls there.

What ever has happened 'behind the scenes' should stay behind the scenes.

I will continue to use the place, yes it was closed yesterday when our boats came in, apperently the afternoon shift called in sick and no other cover was available for about 3.5 hrs! It happens.

Al.

VicS

Visit site
And a coming /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif event at Landers for any would be Paulines or Suzys or Beckys
[ QUOTE ]
Sunday 8th June 2008
Ann Summers Party
Just for the Ladies!

[/ QUOTE ] <span style="color:white"> ................................................................................ </span> /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

VicS

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I hear they have opened a branch on Mars today

[/ QUOTE ] The branch on the moon was a failure .... no atmosphere.

AlJones

atsailing.com
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Visit site
They had a lively private party on the bank holiday Sunday evening with live music and lots of yummy mummies dancing in cocktail dresses. Locals were not admitted. My guess is the staff had too much fun and were recovering Monday afternoon.

The last few years have seen a role reversal at Haslar. Mary Mouse has gone upmarket and seems to appeal to the over 50’s, Landers is where the younger crowd shout over the music and echoy acoustics of the bar.

I had a decent meal at the tapas restaurant in Gunwarf last weekend, noticeably cheaper than Mary Mouse.