Jobs checklist when boat hardstanding on land. Any advice?

Lucas Gan

Visit site
Hi everyone. I am planning my first time to lift my boat to put her hardstanding on land for a month in June. I am planning to do the jobs below. Let me know if you have more advice. Thank you so much!

1. Washing
2. Antifouling
3. Propeller repair (one blade bent)
4. Anodes replacement
5. Boat name stickers replacement
6. Stuffing box packing replacement

starfire

Visit site
Hi everyone. I am planning my first time to lift my boat to put her hardstanding on land for a month in June. I am planning to do the jobs below. Let me know if you have more advice. Thank you so much!

1. Washing
2. Antifouling
3. Propeller repair (one blade bent)
4. Anodes replacement
5. Boat name stickers replacement
6. Stuffing box packing replacement
Seacocks & skin fittings ?

Bouba

Visit site
Check each blade of your propellers for signs of pinkness, and give each blade a tap with a hammer and listen to the note

Bouba

Visit site
June seems a strange month to pull a boat, unless you live in the southern hemisphere.
My boat is probably coming out in June as well, it’s been in the water a long time and now lockdown is ending, the services I need will hopefully be available

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
My boat is probably coming out in June as well, it’s been in the water a long time and now lockdown is ending, the services I need will hopefully be available
Lockdown does add another dimension although I’d hate to lose potentially the best month of the year on the hard.

Bouba

Visit site
Lockdown does add another dimension although I’d hate to lose potentially the best month of the year on the hard.
Yes, it’s a dilemma, but I can’t go the whole summer without getting anti fouled and anodes etc. Luckily I’m a year round boater, and let’s be honest, the summer madness is often best viewed from a distance?