Example Spanish marina letter for Brexit year end

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
This is the letter my marina in Spain Is willing to sign to prove my boat location at year end

Does it look ok to you?

JUST SEGURA DURAN, provided of Identification Number (NIF) 40. 293. 036-A, as a representative of Empuriaport S. L., company responsible of the concession of the Marina and the Port of Empuriabrava Marina (Girona), with address at Club Nàutic Sector, Edf. Capitanian del Port, Empuriabrava, Spain telephone number and e-mail address empuriaport@empuriaport. com

To Whom it May Concern:

I inform that we can confirm that the boat “Arion” SSR 99294 was located in Marina de Empuriabrava during the night of 31st December 2020.

With the object of declaring this matter and for the required legal effects, this certificate is hereby issued in Empuriabrava, on January 2nd, 2021

ontheplane

Visit site
Would it be better to also confirm when it arrived and if still there - i.e. "was here from July 12 1996 (or whenever it was) until the time of writing, and was located here on the night of 31st December 2020"

Then no question it was just moved there to get round the tax thing?

Hurricane

Visit site
Would it be better to also confirm when it arrived and if still there - i.e. "was here from July 12 1996 (or whenever it was) until the time of writing, and was located here on the night of 31st December 2020"

Then no question it was just moved there to get round the tax thing?
I'm not sure that would help.
I think you are trying to prove that the boat was/is an EU Good (in free circulation).
All we are trying to do is to confirm (as in David's letter) that the boat was there on the 31st Dec 2020.
This morning, I've just officially asked our marina manager to do the same.

hullabaloo

Visit site
This is the letter my marina in Spain Is willing to sign to prove my boat location at year end

Does it look ok to you?

JUST SEGURA DURAN, provided of Identification Number (NIF) 40. 293. 036-A, as a representative of Empuriaport S. L., company responsible of the concession of the Marina and the Port of Empuriabrava Marina (Girona), with address at Club Nàutic Sector, Edf. Capitanian del Port, Empuriabrava, Spain telephone number and e-mail address empuriaport@empuriaport. com

To Whom it May Concern:

I inform that we can confirm that the boat “Arion” SSR 99294 was located in Marina de Empuriabrava during the night of 31st December 2020.

With the object of declaring this matter and for the required legal effects, this certificate is hereby issued in Empuriabrava, on January 2nd, 2021
Why would you need to do this ?
I know there is a little something going down soon, but I am unsure how this will affect boats in Europe.

DavidJ

Visit site
This might help a bit

WhatsApp-Image-2020-12-03-at-15.15.04.jpg

WhatsApp-Image-2020-12-03-at-15.15.04-%281%29.jpeg

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
I shall ask my marina to testify to the following on their headed paper in English and Spanish....

"To whom it may concern,

I hereby confirm that the boat named “Andiamo ”, a Fairline Targa 34 with official number 999999 and hull identification number xxxxxx was moored in Greenwich Marina, Spain at midnight on the 31st December 2020.

Yours, etc."

Does anyone speak Spanish well enough to translate it?

Unless anyone has any better ideas?

Hooligan

Visit site
I shall ask my marina to testify to the following on their headed paper in English and Spanish....

"To whom it may concern,

I hereby confirm that the boat named “Andiamo ”, a Fairline Targa 34 with official number 999999 and hull identification number xxxxxx was moored in Greenwich Marina, Spain at midnight on the 31st December 2020.

Yours, etc."

Mr Google Translate is usually quite good :)

kashurst

Visit site

"To whom it may concern,

Yours, etc."

Cheers Pete, saved me a job. I used Google Translate and it looks pretty good to my boaty Spanish.

"A quien le interese,

Por la presente confirmo que el barco llamado “Andiamo”, un Fairline Targa 34 con número oficial 999999 y número de identificación de casco xxxxxx estaba amarrado en Greenwich Marina, España, a la medianoche del 31 de diciembre de 2020.

Tuyo, etc. "

es todo bien, Salud! (y)

I got daughter to check - she thinks it's OK too.

goeasy123

Visit site
I'd be tempted not to include the SSR. You or a future owner might want to change that. The HIN never changes and will be shown on your original VAT invoice.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
In these modern times you could also put a picture of the boat in question on the letter. Covers all languages then.... Unless Spanish Eyes see differently to Brits :)

DavidJ

Visit site
In these modern times you could also put a picture of the boat in question on the letter. Covers all languages then.... Unless Spanish Eyes see differently to Brits :)
Yes it is the headed note paper from the marina and their translation from english that we had agreed so I wouldn’t want to burden them more. Mine is done now (to be sent to me in the New Year) but I think I would have the boat make and model included if doing it again.
Incidentally, I’d be careful with a google translated document. I think on the marina notepaper and maybe slightly strange grammar or accents missing, it would look like a scam document (We’ve all had them!)

Last edited:

Hurricane

Visit site
Our certificates in Sant Carles will be in Spanish with an English translation provided by the marina.
The certificates will be signed by the marina manager and stamped using the marina's oficial stamp.

As a group of berth holders, we are also arranging to have "date stamped" photographs stored on the marina discussion forum.

DavidJ

Visit site
Our certificates in Sant Carles will be in Spanish with an English translation provided by the marina.
The certificates will be signed by the marina manager and stamped using the marina's oficial stamp.

As a group of berth holders, we are also arranging to have "date stamped" photographs stored on the marina discussion forum.
I went with “the night of 31Dec 2020“ I wasn’t sure of the origins of the witching hour of 11pm