Digital Yacht's SPL2000 VHF/AIS Splitter

tuadhmumhan

Visit site
Has anyone direct experience of Digital Yacht's SPL2000 VHF/AIS Splitter?

DY claim it to have "zero loss" in the signal to both VHF and AIS.

Is there any independent verification of DY's claim.

Thanks.

Martin.

Martin_J

Visit site
Looking at the specifications, it is the same as the Vespermarine SPL160, the Raymarine, the Em-Trak s200 and probably the Comar AST200.

By the way it works it is very likely to have its reported 0dB Rx loss and with only a typical 0.8dB Tx loss internally, when you include the gain in your antenna and a low loss antenna cable, I very much doubt you will notice it being inline.

I went through the same thoughts a few weeks back. Last year I was of the view that not breaking the main antenna cable was best.. so I installed a 1m pushpit antenna.. then came across the ISAF regulations this year and ended up getting the Raymarine active splitter due to needing AIS Tx from the masthead and purely because it was sitting on the shelf in the chandlery looking at me..

I have run power tests, forward power, reflected power and had an antenna analyser test resonant frequency through it as well. It is not really noticeable in the circuit.

In the ProAIS software diagnostics I am currently seeing the figures below..
RSSI Rx1 123
RSSI Rx2 66
Tx Forward Power 158
Tx Reverse Power 13

So if the DigitalYacht unit is the same as this 0db/0.8db unit (and I have no reason to believe it would not be) then it'll be fit and forget..