• REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

Definitive (probably) plan

18th 5PM , at the little stone jetty, Harowslack. 54.359145,-2.94149
Food wise, Mostly BBQing, there will be some spare BBQ space available if its tricky to bring one. Ill be bringing some ‘chips n dips’ and a cake, both to share around. If other people can do similar, great, if not, no worries.
Can’t wait for the 18th, looking forward to see you all there!
Matt

Lakesailor

Mozzie repellent probably a good idea.
If anyone has a marquee/gazeebo thingy it may help to prevent rain from appearing.

aquaplane

Don't you just love the smell of Napalm in the morning?

I won't bother with the BBQ then, not with the dragon's breath machine, can you turn it down to do the burgers slow?

Salty John

Sounds like a plan. We'll be there by land or sea. Anyone know the practicality of anchoring or knicking a mooring in that location?

Lakesailor

Knicking a mooring probably a bit tricky as many empty buoys will have returning sailors after tea.
Anchoring just there should be OK. Rocky/clay bottom without any laid moorings close by. It's seems fairly deep as the shallows at the tip of Belle Isle visible on Google Earth are those buoyed for safety, but it looks quite deep near the jetty. The jetty is really rough and only suitable for tender landing really. In reality the beach is a better landing for small boats.

The Windermere Cruising Association may be on the shore that day as well, if they have decided yet, but there's plenty of room and they promise not to be snobby. Most of their boats are on moorings nearby so they travel mainly by tender.

aquaplane

Last W/E we spent a night on a visitor mooring at the North end of the bay on the West coast of Belle Isle South of the Lillies. It's the bay with 3 boats in next to the Belle Isle label in the top pic. There are 2 visitors mooings there. Having said that I'll probably anchor off.

I had a pootle round watching the depth sounder too, it does seem fairly deep water fairly close in so anchoring seemed like a decent option for us, but I only draw 3'.

aquaplane

Also, thinking about the gazebo thing, we have an old frame tent that we could erect without the inner. I don't know how well it would be recieved by "officialdome" though, I'm pretty sure it's NO CAMPING, but the fishermen get away with a shelter.

pendlecats

Looking forward to being there, we will have a few cakes and a gazebo or two (we have a blue one and a green one).

Have no idea yet if we'll be their by boat or car as fixing the trailer is proving slow going.

Lakesailor

Nothing like a deadline to get you going.
I have actually got 'round to re-varnishing some inside strakes.