Croatia

sailaboutvic

Visit site
For them who may be interested it's looking like a 6 months stay in Croatia for boats 12/15 mts is going to be 2632 k ( 355€) much cheaper then Greece .€624 for 13 mts plus TL .
For them worried about the 90/180 Croatia sorted that problem out it's give you 6 months cruising or more if you want plus you can still have 3 months in Greece .
For them who are not full time liveaboard and return back to the UK and want to leave their boat in Greece over the winter months that will sort the problem.
For others who are full time liveaboads a short sail to Turkey for a nice winter stay will do the job .

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Hi vic
Can you explain as I don't understand

Another thing thats causing a problem is that I will be illegal here in Greece on the 1/ 04/21. BUT, the port police will not alow movement of boats at the moment .So how can I leave ,say for Turkey as boats are being stopped and interned here .
Their own laws are going to make me an illegal immigrant,

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Hi vic
Can you explain as I don't understand

Another thing thats causing a problem is that I will be illegal here in Greece on the 1/ 04/21. BUT, the port police will not alow movement of boats at the moment .So how can I leave ,say for Turkey as boats are being stopped and interned here .
Their own laws are going to make me an illegal immigrant,
Bob i don't know what's going on there in Greece but I can't see how they can stop you leaving as long as you are going to go straight out of Greece and not stop anywhere in Greece .
Have you told the PP that you want to leave Greece you have no plain to stop anywhere until you leave Greek waters?

No boats anywhere in the EU last year where stopped from returning back to their home country and as I sure you know last year boats where not only moving but also being delivered to owners I other country.
À
I think the problem lies when you arrive in another country if they let you in or not ..
The country I have contract with cruisers are Tunisia where if you arrive you have to sit out 14 days Malta who's letting in people from orange and Green Zone country and here in Italy here they let you in as long as you have test 72 hours before There also some paper work involved.
The problem as I see it with Greece is they making it as hard as they can for people who want to go to Turkey .

Lastly Bob your worrie seen to be that because you can't leave you are going to be over you 90 days,
If it was me , I asks again about leaving and if they say you can't, then insist in talking to a superior official and tell him if you can't leave you want an official document to say you are being held against you will and in doing so you will be over your legal time in the EU .
If that doesn't work tell them your going to contract the British embassy, that will get them moving , Bob you have to stand your ground and insist to talk to a officer not the guy with a strip on his shoulder , it the guy in white with the gold pips .
Good luck Bob let me know how you get on .

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Tell me more about 6 months in Croatia as I enjoyed being there coming down from Monfalcone Italy .2 years ago.
Bob you can get up to a year cruising permit you can buy a week , month three month six month or a year , for get what you might read , only think you MUST ado is check into the first port , don't even think about anchoring for a few hours ,
My pilot what I wrote is a bit out dated now but I recommen 777 book and it's not that expensive.

crisjones

Visit site
From what I can remember of Croasia it was very expensive ,there was always someone in a dingy wanting money ,even for being on anchor.

That is probably true in the more popular locations, however we cruised 2 full seasons in Croatia and we only paid €20 in all that time for anchoring in Pula harbour. Obviously that does not include the Cruising Permit/Tax.

Just saying that it is perfectly possible to cruise Croatia without paying for anchoring or moorings. Vic will also tell you the same thing.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I back what Chris said 100% we had many seasons there and not paid once , whats important to remember is if you anchor within 150 mts of a mooring field the owner of the mooring as a right to ask you to pay for anchoring , it use to be 300 Mt's once .
And the other important thing is check in at the first port of call , no stopping before checking in .
Forget everything else you read in the internet of being ripped off and money grabbing people , there are no more money grabing then in Greece.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
I think I checked in ,in Umag having only left Izola Solivenia 20 odd miles north They had all my boat information waiting for me , in that round house port police station .

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Forget everything else you read in the internet of being ripped off and money grabbing people , there are no more money grabing then in Greece.

I personally don't agree ,I have live for free here for 5 years in my home port
And can usually park for free in the Cyclades or for under a tenner a night.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Most people coming from Greece of South Italy check in at Caveat , not a good start for new comers to Croatia ,
The customs Quay is run by a group of people who insist in taken your lines then charging you , me being me I have never paid them my argument was its a customs Quay and once when one guy said he was coming to the police to report I wouldn't paid I welcome him to come along , he never did and the police wasn't interested when I said what happen , since we always arrived around 7am when they wasn't around
I guess if your first encounter of Croatia is this it can leave a bad taste i your mouth , but is seen most people are happy to pay up to get their lines taken .
What I will says is if people idea is cruising is mooring to town walls or using marina , Croatia may not be for you , the cost are hight although you can pay €25 for a town wall in places in Greece .

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site

I personally don't agree ,I have live for free here for 5 years in my home port
And can usually park for free in the Cyclades or for under a tenner a night.
Bob we met in the pass so you know I am well versed about Greece and I agree once you could go I to any harbour, town wall and never paid any thing ,
I probably never paid any thing for a good 20 years and got free water too,
them days have well and truly gone my friend , I know you are well known in Poros and because you very rarely get charge but last time I was there , the lady wanted €20 , we just left .
Edit you may remember it was the day my passrail and four other boats passrail got r
Wreck when the ferry roared in at unbelievable speed.

Last edited: